Jump to content

Camo


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, samburstalker said:

I'm ready to hunt in footy shorts as soon as Dan opens up hunting.

you might wanna shave them legs make you a little more stealthy, less crash bash 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dave9.3x62 said:

Whys that BT?

Cotton gets wet and once wet it  loses any insulation qualities (if any)    and believe me  being in the Alpine in wet clothes is not a place to be.

Another thing to remember is for hunting (sambar) cotton is very noisy going through bush.

Wool retains its insulative  qualities even when wet.

I will suggest  that quality fleece is about best overall for the Vic winter bush hunting.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dave9.3x62 said:

Whys that BT?

Cotton gets wet and once wet it  loses any insulation qualities (if any)    and believe me  being in the Alpine winter  in wet clothes is not a place to be.

Another thing to remember is for hunting (sambar) cotton is very noisy going through bush.

Wool retains its insulative  qualities even when wet.

I will suggest  that quality fleece is about best overall for the Vic winter bush hunting.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ozrider81 said:

you might wanna shave them legs make you a little more stealthy, less crash bash 

Yeah Nah, leg hairs/arm hairs are important, they trap heat from your body escaping and a great silencing device walking through scrub, they also dont trap water against skin, I also hate the weight and lack of movement wet clothes brings. How I hunt I find wearing less the better and it doesn't seem to effect the outcome of deer in the freezer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we are back in `83-`84 (iirc)  in the King on the last hunt for the year over the hounds. The note was  for stirring up his  bro in law,he  went all the way back to the ute to get the cardboard..keen.

Mick wore Speedo`s every hunt with only a swanni over the top, we hunted 28 weekends in a row in those days.

 

 

king woofa.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, balltearer said:

Cotton gets wet and once wet it  loses any insulation qualities (if any)    and believe me  being in the Alpine in wet clothes is not a place to be.

Another thing to remember is for hunting (sambar) cotton is very noisy going through bush.

Wool retains its insulative  qualities even when wet.

I will suggest  that quality fleece is about best overall for the Vic winter bush hunting.

 

 

 

 

Ok thanks. Polypro type base layer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, balltearer said:

Here we are back in `83-`84 (iirc)  in the King on the last hunt for the year over the hounds. The note was  for stirring up his  bro in law,he  went all the way back to the ute to get the cardboard..keen.

Mick wore Speedo`s every hunt with only a swanni over the top, we hunted 28 weekends in a row in those days.

Looks like some good memories there BT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...