If this knife was a woman I'd marry her and spend the rest of my life with it

mickey

The Kabar potbelly. 

This is a big heavy knife. You can chop trees down with it. You can cleave bones in half with it.

There is nothing it can't do for around the camp. Pair it with some kind of machete (for matching aesthetics I got the Kabar Parangatang) and you have all bases covered. The Parangatang can be an axe if you like. For an axe I like the Gerber Gator Pro, which is a copy of a Woodsmans Pal. It's also a machete though. 

It gets even better. The potbelly comes with a piggyback knife in the sheath. It's a perfect skinner/caper. 

The sheath is awesome and has a huge pouch on it. I just stick a blastmatch in there, but it has lots of room. I carry a DMT mini-sharp on a keyring. 

I am really happy with this knife. 

There's a video on YouTube of some guy breaking it in half. I guess if you don't split wood and hit knots you're not gonna torque it and cause it to break. 

I am really happy with this knife. Much happier than if I got an Esee 4 or Ontario RAT 5. It just has that vibe that belongs in the forest with a beard. 

On 07/05/2020 at 8:54 PM, Onthemark said:

Whatever floats your boat man..
fwiw I run a svord von tempsky Bowie around camp. Now that’s a solid knife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want a bowie for creating a wild west atmosphere, make camping more than just sleeping in the mud, hiking more than a hard walk from a to b, but that knife is too expensive for me.

Great knife that. You can get guns cheaper though...

I have a Svord Peasant that I use for playing ye olde campfire though. 

Edited by mickey

Yeah fair enough mate, they’re an expensive chunk of steel.. I had some Chinese crap before I bought the svord and got sick of breaking handles, dull blades after minimal work etc.

They makes some good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk