Bino harness??

Looking for recommendations on a harness, I was going to grab one of the Hunter element ones, maybe magnum size,but did read somewhere that they felt a little flimsy.

Like to probably be able to put rangefinder and wind puffer in too mainly if I take the bow out.

New binos are 160 x 137 x 65

85d0addac617aadab143322633b94a25.jpg2280edc52adac42578819e4f0cb5bb4c.jpg

Happy to hear everyone's thoughts, have you run the HE ones or others, pros n cons etc

Cheers

hs

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Def rate the Bino rig from Moroka30.

Holds my 10x42 Binos in the main compartment which also holds my phone, ammo and other bits n pcs. Front pouch holds the rangefinder and the bottom pounch usually holds spare batteries and head lamp etc.

Has small mesh pocket at front for windcheck powder bottle.

I also added the Rino UHF holder and storage pouch for my PLB.

Pros:

-Holds a heap of stuff or can be basic and added pouches removed for smaller set up.

- Carries well and doesn't get in the way of back pack straps etc

- I run the safari sling and it doesn't hinder that. I anything holds the rifle out of the way of you legs.

-I don't use a bow but have herd you can still draw comfortably.

Cons:

-2yrs on and constant rubbing on from rifle worn in Safari sling style has worn a small hole in the pouch holding the Range finder. Not a huge drama where the hole is.

-Not 100% waterproof.

A decent down fall will probably find water getting in the zips maybe?

Water pools on range finder pouch.

Easy fix, I use a shower cap which hooks over the whole rig.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I run the Hunters Element one. It has 3 decent sized pouches around it. I reckon it sits just a bit high on the chest for me with the straps let out all the way, but I have a fairly thick torso. It just gets in the way of my elbow a little if I havn't pushed it down. Doesn't feel too flimsy. Bushnell Trophy 8x42  has plenty of room to spare. Magnetic flip top. I spent a decent amount on another one that has a great design but failed to realize that I wasn't comfortable with having HORN HUNTER in bright yellow across the front of my bino rig. I should probably sell it but I thought it would be good as the one my mate has to use if he forgets his. It's like a dunce cap for hunters.

116042372_332081661530247_6945142666247339163_n.jpg

116833176_886869055169856_8110165868303798940_n.jpg

116218311_621219552162935_6321231659551830361_n.jpg

• Like 1

I can highly recommend the vortex guide pack (USA made by AGC). No magnets, super quiet heaps of room. Have had the eberlestock scout harness, it’s super comfy but never sat really well. Friends have outdoor vision and marsupial gear, all really great, but have magnetic closure which I’m not a massive fan of

A1DB1CF8-5BB6-4393-A347-75EEFE84C589.png

• Like 1

I run the HE also.

No complaints at all. Fits nice, slim design. Just my 8x42's (magnetic lid) and then wind puffer in its side pouch (no lid - easy access).

Daresay you wouldn't fit a rangey in it. I don't use one so no that doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

I went with the Kuiu medium size for my 10x42's. Has the 2 mesh pockets either side for wind checker. 

Very comfortable and only need 1 hand to take bino's in and out. Quite operation. 

A great bit of kit. 

• Like 1

I've got a alaska guide creations, a bushbuck bino rig and a bushnell trophy collector bino holder?? i think you would call it.

If i'm in big country where i'm set up glassing more than stalking i take the alaska guide's but if i'm stalking the bushnell gets taken for ease of use.

i'm running 10x42's if that helps.

• Like 1

Hey guys ,just after a bit of advice/ feedback.
Worn the harness twice, first time I noticed it was a lot warmer than I thought it would be, makes it hard to use the top cross strap on the backpack and I normally wear my rifle slung diagonally across my chest .
Not as quiet as I imagined, but I guess a few more uses I'll work it out.
Second time I didn't take the backpack, a lot lighter run but didn't have my creature comforts, pillow, water , rangefinder, head lamp knife , spare binos, wind indicator etc.

hs

I run the vortex guide pack, you can adjust to about any height (lower on chest if I'm using my bow) can fit most bino's as well as a few rounds and range finder in the front pouch. I put my phone in the back zip pouch with ID if on public land. side pockets hold a spare battery for the range finder, a lil lighter, lil puff bottle, screen wipe. The top elastic pockets hold a compass and if i have one on me a mini map.

With all that it still weighs sod all.

Oddly my favorite part of the chest rig is that it has a flat top, I rest my rifle across it when hiking as i try to minimize using the sling. lost way too many dinners because of laziness.   

10 hours ago, huntsmart said:

Hey guys ,just after a bit of advice/ feedback.
Worn the harness twice, first time I noticed it was a lot warmer than I thought it would be, makes it hard to use the top cross strap on the backpack and I normally wear my rifle slung diagonally across my chest .
Not as quiet as I imagined, but I guess a few more uses I'll work it out.
Second time I didn't take the backpack, a lot lighter run but didn't have my creature comforts, pillow, water , rangefinder, head lamp knife , spare binos, wind indicator etc.

hs

With my rig I loosen the straps right off so it hangs lower. This keeps it out of the way of the gun. Adjusting to the extra insulation when hiking just takes time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, huntsmart said:

Is this the same thing? Just pick it up in the LGS.

Actually, I just looked that one you bought up.  I reckon it might be better - even though its a bloody obvious knock-off. 

Be good if you posted up a review - especially if you use the clips to attach it to your pack.

You guys are reminding me of my dissatisfaction with my current sling.