Bino Boredom

I live on the Mornington Peninsula, which is currently counted as Melbourne Metro for the lockdown and 5km home radius. One of the things I've started doing for a bit of entertainment is practicing with my binoculars from the breakfast table on the local birds. I started after watching a Paul Boags video where he made a solid point about the importance of bino practice and training.

So far in my back yard I've seen Yellow Crested Cockatoo, Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo, Indian Myna, Common Blackbird, Common Raven, Rosella, Cape Baron Goose, Masked Lapwing (Plover), Speckled Turtle Dove, Bin Chicken (Ibis), Seagull, Little Wattle Bird and Magpie. The ducks aren't here but I am expecting the usual culprits once it warms up a bit. I've seen Pacific Blacks, Grey and Brown Teals and Wood Ducks in the past.

I must say Boags was right as the more I do this the quicker I get at finding things and also the quicker I get switching from open eyes to zoomed in. Much less of that time searching and switching back and forth. Really complements the hunting well in my opinion.

• Like 4

IMG_20200908_195525_457.jpg

20200908_110908.jpg

20200908_110755.jpg

• Like 2