Day/night scope

Texan357

Unless something has changed VERY recently, ATN X-SIGHT have the reputation of being a very average compromise in both day and night, but the company, here and the US, is that service when required is non-existent. The opinion worldwide is do not go ATN!

I understand they are Chinese.

21 hours ago, niteowl said:

Unless something has changed VERY recently, ATN X-SIGHT have the reputation of being a very average compromise in both day and night, but the company, here and the US, is that service when required is non-existent. The opinion worldwide is do not go ATN!

I understand they are Chinese.

Thanks niteowl, I understand you're the man for this stuff. So how about the Sightmark Wraith 4-32 x 50. I'm a pensioner n a tight budget and this is my first time, treat me gently, Dale

Hi Dale, I do fully understand your situation. It is difficult for me to really suggest a digital device to anyone, just that ATN has such a reputation. Re the Wraith, if and only if, the performance, which is limited as per their specs, will suit your requirements I have no reason to say they are bad.

My problem is that I / we have been through this whole situation over a lot of years and used all sorts of devices, none of which would serve or requirements until it got into big money. This means that from my position it hard to recommend anything that is not what I would personally consider. There should be others on this site that may possibly have some first hand experience with the device, that is therefore in a better position to guide you as to suitability.

Apart from selling gear I / we use it as contractors as well. I don't wish to sound like an a.........le and look down on people, but digital, any digital is not something we would sell. Military digital gear which is a different ball game.

Sorry about being so negative, I wish you well.

11 hours ago, niteowl said:

Hi Dale, I do fully understand your situation. It is difficult for me to really suggest a digital device to anyone, just that ATN has such a reputation. Re the Wraith, if and only if, the performance, which is limited as per their specs, will suit your requirements I have no reason to say they are bad.

My problem is that I / we have been through this whole situation over a lot of years and used all sorts of devices, none of which would serve or requirements until it got into big money. This means that from my position it hard to recommend anything that is not what I would personally consider. There should be others on this site that may possibly have some first hand experience with the device, that is therefore in a better position to guide you as to suitability.

Apart from selling gear I / we use it as contractors as well. I don't wish to sound like an a.........le and look down on people, but digital, any digital is not something we would sell. Military digital gear which is a different ball game.

Sorry about being so negative, I wish you well.

I'm only shooting to 100 yards or so, if that makes a difference

OK on the 100 yds. My thoughts are that you need to see well 3 x times the shooting distance, but if you feel that the distance is all you need, no problem. Re the Wraith, I have not actually used one but I am fairly confident on the reliability being OK. No guarantees though on that of course.

27 minutes ago, niteowl said:

OK on the 100 yds. My thoughts are that you need to see well 3 x times the shooting distance, but if you feel that the distance is all you need, no problem. Re the Wraith, I have not actually used one but I am fairly confident on the reliability being OK. No guarantees though on that of course.

Thanks for generously sharing your knowledge with me niteowl.