Compound Bow Red Dot Dight

link

The trouble with laser dots on a compound bow is that you will have to sight it for a paticular distance (e.g. 30m) and then it will be wrong for every other distance. You will have to hold either low or high depending on your target distance. You would be much better off with a good set of fibre optic pin sights set for 20,30,40 & 50m.

Guest caveman

bushcam they work ok as i used to use one, if you get an adjustable mount then you just slide the whole thing to each mark, the one i had i just held over or under

Having to hold high or low really defeats the purpose of having sights in the first place. You should just be able to put your sight pin where you want the arrow to hit. It's hard enough judging distance on live targets without having to calculate how far off to hold as well.

I reckon having to adjust your sights before each shot is a pain in the arse and even more so if you've only got seconds to get the shot away.

There's a reason that fibre optic pin sights are so popular, 'cause thay work very well!

Guest caveman

bushcam i have mates who used the pin sights and they also said at time they used the wrong pin, so none of them are fool proof, as you would know you can get adjustable sights that you put your finger(pointer) in and you either queeze or push to ajust the sight to the desired distance, this will be the sight i will get next,

but it's each to his own, what works for one may not for another