Bushnell Elite 1500 Laser Rangefinder.

and a rippin price too  Chuck said...

Bushnell Elite 1500 laser rangefinder. When I first started experimenting with it, a few things were readily apparent: the display is lightning fast compared to any other unit I'd tested. It ranges your target instantly. The 7x26mm monocular is far brighter than previous Bushnell units, a big improvement, as it makes the liquid crystal display much more vivid in lower light conditions. The monocular is a fully multi-coated optic, and features the excellent Bushnell RainGuard on top of that. Like its smaller brother, the Legend, the Elite 1500 is both waterproof (not just "resistant") and it floats.

It goes a big step further, however. This unit is diopter focusable, a feature passed up in the Legend for the sake of its waterproof integrity. The ability to focus the monocular is a huge plus versus the prior perma-focus approach.

The Elite 1500 is not a compact rangefinder; it measures 1.7 x 5.1 x 3.7 inches and weighs 11.8 oz. It uses a single 9 volt radio battery, a plus compared to the lithium camera batteries used before. It ranges as close as 5 yards and outranges every rangefinder I have ever tested. The Elite 1500 will quickly give you a reliable range at ranges and conditions where no other rangefinder can, simple as that. It gave me reliable ranges on reflective objects, such as a light colored truck, to well past 1300 yards.

Edited by balltearer