RINO 750

Broadjumper

Ryda in Sydney have these for $596 atm. If you tell this to  Anaconda they check and will match it and give you 10% off. If your a member . Lot cheaper than most shops. I have no affiliation with either I might add. You can join right away btw. 

Edited by Broadjumper
  • Like 2

Could be a damaged aerial? Sometimes they can be a little slow to establish a connection when you first boot them up. When I'm way out in the wilderness it sometimes takes a while to update position but it eventually catches up. Same with the compass in that situation. You aim north and it says south etc. Just be patient I guess unless yours is really malfunctioning.

7 hours ago, Duncs said:

Sometimes if you’re in a house or under wet trees/canopy a GPS can struggle to get a signal

I was inside the house when it drop in and out

will leave it outside and see

Its a line of sight device. If it doesn't have a clear line of sight to the satellites, it will struggle. Inside a car , being in the bottom of  a valley, etc can cause it problems locking onto a signal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rifletuner said:

Its a line of sight device. If it doesn't have a clear line of sight to the satellites, it will struggle. Inside a car , being in the bottom of  a valley, etc can cause it problems locking onto a signal.

That is what I though. 

Will be interesting to see how it perform while hunting in the High Country.

Definitely human error. Works fine while outside.

Only when I am inside to connect to my laptop that the signal drops in and out. 

The only way I can see to solve this is to go camping and take my laptop with me - working from home somewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PWE76 said:

Definitely human error. Works fine while outside.

Only when I am inside to connect to my laptop that the signal drops in and out. 

The only way I can see to solve this is to go camping and take my laptop with me - working from home somewhere.

My only suggestion is that if you are "working from home" out bush, dont break down a deer while you are on a Zoom meeting. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1