Backpack seat

samburstalker

8 minutes ago, Duncs said:

As a complete coincidence, I sat in one of these today

https://helinox.com.au/products/chair-zero?variant=35563718803611

For $180 I wasn’t hugely impressed…the Bunnings one looks good!

I got one of these from ebay a while back. Thats the best price Ive seen eh. I find them comfortable but Im a small fella.

I had a quick sit on the one, on display.  Bloody good for the price.   So got one for the kid for her backpack hunts. Well worth a look at instead forking out $$$$$ for a helinox seat to save 400g,  in saying that, Duncs you need to sit in  "chair one XL"

• Like 2

I brought the light weight helix for my back trip a few weeks back. It cost a boom and it was better than not having a chair, normally I would have just sat on a log which would have sucked in the rain and snow 😂 I’m a short arse and found it quite comfy but for a taller or heavier person I imagine it would be terrible. 

I’ve got a bit of yoga mat in my daypack for sitting on. It’s better than nothing but not by much. So I was keen to take a look at one of these super light gizmos. I wasn’t going to buy one but I was wondering what that sort of price got you.

It wasn’t horribly uncomfortable but it wasn’t awesome. The main issue was that it wobbled on a flat concrete floor.  A lot!  I reckon one foot was about 20mm off the floor.  For that sort of coin, I’m expecting bloody high quality. Maybe it was buggered up by the staff who put it together?

Anyway, I’m off to Bunnings :) thanks Matty!