G'day from - Tas

Hey there, i'm originally from country VIC but moved to TAS 15 yrs ago. Still shoot a bit in VIC but mainly in Tassie. Wallaby, and rabbits etc. Have bagged a couple of anterless fallow, but not the big stag yet... working up to it. In the meantime i'm getting my boys started.

Anyone know where I can get a good cheap .22LR package to get the young fellas started? Something like a Savage maybe?

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hey all

I am new to the forum. Been hunting all my life and even worked professionally as shooter for 2 years with FEA and Gunns. I live down in Hobart and am very keen to get out and do some more shooting real soon.

Regards

Flawed

Hey, I'm another keen tassie hunter and fisherman.... I'm 20 yrs old currently studying physical Ed. Love hunting fallow in tassie had good sucess this year on a 237ds fallow and keen to learn a bit more about other deer in aus. Recently come back from charters towers chital shooting, went to south Africa hunting in 06, planning another hunt this year on the sambar in Vic... Looking forward to Having a chat..

G'day I'm Dodger.42 from tasmania

My intrests are hunting, hunting and more hunting with the son.We love to hunt wallaby,feral billies and fallow stags.I got a spaniel trained to point billies and deer. The favourite weapon is a omark 308 with 6-24x50.bipod,ultimate camo sling and custom stock.Also got tikka T3 .222, H&R .17,winchester.22 and wretched bootin' baikal 12gauge.Biggest to date is 36in tip to tip,son got a 32in thats got 4in bases. Biggest fallow for me 12pt with bugger all palm, the son got a nice 15pt with decent palm this year.

G'day All,

I'm from Kingston, just south of Hobart. Have lived here for most of my life, but plan on moving a short distance soon to escape the 'urban' feel of the area, get back to the bush.

I mainly hunt wallabies, but get the chance to get out every year to look for an antlered species and his partner...

Love this state, don't want to move to the north island, it's just too hot and humid, nice to visit every now and then though.

I'll write more later....when i have more time...

cheers and good hunting all!! ;)