G'day from - Tas

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hello all. I'm an Englishman, but Tassie has been my home for the last 20 years. I'm still very fond of the Old Country, but I'm afraid it's not the best place for shooters these days, so I'm very glad to be here. I'm looking forward to picking your brains about a few things, but for now I'll just read and learn. Cheers for now.

Gday all. Im a tasweegan through and through been here all my life. Grew up in the far north west and been into hunting since i can remember. Always gettin stuck into the wallabys, possums and love a good rabbit stew. Like to go chasing fallow in March and dont mind flickin a fly to a trout occasionally. Never plan on leavin tassie cause it just doesnt get any better.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi there,

Another keen hunter from Tas,I love deer hunting and live in the Midlands area. My favourite deer rifle is my ruger 300 win mag

G'day hunters. I'm lucky enough to live in the most beautiful, magical State in the Federation IMHO. I love its history, its rolling hills, its rugged highlands, its bush creatures and its great people. I love to pull a trout out of its lakes with the morning mists still rising off the water. I love to bag a hare in the golden late-afternoon, long shadows running across the paddocks. And I don't mind a saddle of hare baked in cream and garlic either. I'm old-fashioned - I love deep bluing and deep chequering, love the satin feel of an aged wooden stock, love the smell of gun oil. Mix it all up with a whiff of smoke from a campfire, and you have my version of heaven :P .

G'day, I have just moved to TAS and I gotta say I

reckon it is the best state I have ever lived in,

I can't stand cities and after spending 3 years in

over crowded Sydney I am glad to be back in the bush.

Looking forward to discussing hunting.

Cheers!

lololo k

Welcome to the forum my retarded labrador looking friend, enjoy k

bibibi ar

Hi boys born in Tassie 48 years old just started shooting again about 2 years ago after a 18 year break.

Eldest son started shooting about 2 years ago and asked me to go with him 1 night and next thing you know i have a collection of firearms.

Wife dosnt give me any grief now as only shooting with son, not like the old days but use to go every weekend then with out fail.

Love deer shooting wallaby shooting and just walking around with the boy showing him what signs to look for.

Thats all for now

Mick Shooter

G'Day All Im just a young hunter starting out and love every second of hunting and being out in the bush and spending time shooting rifles and guns, I have been involed in the sports from a young age and hopefully still in it for many years to come :)

hey everyone new on the gun seen hope to learn from all you experienced hunters/shooters i own a ruger m77/22 stainless varmit just built a new stock for it so i could float it and pillar bed it went from shooting 2" groups at 100m with stingers to 1" very happy with how it turned out will post some pics soon also getting a cz527 varmit in the laminated stock cant wait to pick her up and start dialing.

G'day from the south of the state!

I live in Hobart - have been shooting a few years, Just bought a new Lanber. Thought it was time to join a forum, read a little more and learn from others experiences.

Cheers,

Dory