G'day from - Tas

Hey all, I'm 20, live in Tasmania.
I've grown up shooting, I am currently a professional boner in Beef Abbotoir.
Its been Two years since i tried to enlist in the army, Since the last time i have posted i have lost 43kg and am hopefully of a passable level to join

Edited by S3RV1V3R

Hi from Tas, Grew up north west WA now down here couldnt get a better spot for fishing and hunting. wallabies to feed the dog and this season the deer to feed me. Look forward to hearing some good advice and good stories. Cheers

G'day from Southern Tassie..

Just on here to further my knowledge and to learn a few tips and tricks to help in my huting succes..

Hunting is only a new hobby for me, with the recent purhcase of my new rifle :D..

Look forward to reading more forums..

Cheers, bohlie

Hi, Filling in the usual first timer stuff.

I have not hunted since my late teen and early twenties in South West WA where i grew up. Myself and my wife have got a couple of beagle pups. Reading how to teach them to chase a scent i have discovered that they are pretty good at rabbit hunting. So i have been walking them through a couple of nearby paddocks and they are getting noticeably better. I will eat the odd rabbit but it mostly about getting out with the dogs and a new challenge.

Watching the dogs has got me pretty excited and i have joined this site hoping to get a few ideas and help from the members that use beagles to hunt and anyone with useful info. I have a few questions to kick off, please let me know if i need to transfer this all over to a new forum topic.

- My first worry is that they will pick up the rabbit scent then get on a wallaby scent and i will never see them again, how do you train them to follow only one prey?

- Also what is a good choice of Rifle/shotgun, guessing the little bunnies are gonna be moving fast at close to mid range.

- I have been looking at the garmin Astro GPS collars, they sound like the solution to a few of my concerns for a price, does anyone use them?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from anyone.

Gday, I'm from Hobart (Brighton), 26. Had my AB licence for about a year. Rabbits and Wallaby is about it so far. Would love to give Duck a go, next season if I can, and deer one day.

Just like getting out and having a crack when I can. Hunt by myself as I dont know anyone else who hunts. Wish I did, will work on it. Need to sign up at the local SSAA deerstalkers soon.
I'm very interested in waterfowl, upland etc... hope to get into it soon. When I get my shotgun would be a good start! I'll keep dropping wallaby and sniping rabbits untill then!
Everything I shoot, I eat.

Righto, that's about it for now!

Edited by VanDieman1986

G'Day all.Im Laz Iwork in the firearms industry in Tas.I shoot hunt fish & camp when the oppertunity presents .I deal with all major importers and have a good knowlage of all things related to our sport.If I can help feel free to drop a line.

Thanks Laz

Afternoon gents.

Keen target shooter here that tries hard to get out and hunt a bit. Key goal for the first quarter of this year is to find some hunting grounds local to Hobart so I can get out a bit more.

Enjoy shooting the odd rabbit and wallaby for the pot and just being outdoors. But since I've been down in Hobart these last few years I haven't had much of a chance to source some access. All my areas were up the north of the state.

Other than that, I don't mind a fish either.

Cheers, HB