G'day from - Tas

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Yep Tassie born, been here all my life and I'm not moving either, why would would you with the best Trout fishing in Aus, the best trophy Fallow heard in the southern hepishere and bugger all distance to travel to chase them, I've hunted the big Island several times (Sambar and Chital) with some success, it's a nice place to visit, but I'm sorry I wouldn't like to live there :D . I hate the hot weather, I reckon the only good thing about summer is the excellent fishing and the Cricket ;), give me the mountains and the odd snow fall anytime. My two passions are Flyfishing and of course hunting and I love anything to do with our Central Highlands history..........I'll rite some more later when I get more time, I'm just packing up to head for the Shack for a bit of fishing and to sight the rifles in for the deer season :D

Hey All,

Another one from Tas here.

I'm an air gun shooter and i got me a Diana model 34 .177 that i have scoped and tuned up to be a good hunting rifle. Got a large rabbit the other night with a head shot from a good 60m out that i am quite pleased with and has got me hooked on the sport of air rifle hunting because its damn hard to shoot a break barrell spring powerd air rifle and to do it well. And thats why i like it.

Hi from Hobart, I shoot pistol, rifle and the odd bit of black powder stuff.

Have just brought 3 x martin cadets which I plan to keep one original, one rechamber to 32/40 and the other dunn, maybe do up a little and sell off or make it a project gun and re do to .357 or 44mag.

I do the occasional bit of wallaby hunting when time permits and fly fishing.

cheers

Sledge

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi all

Hope I have the right spot actually born in Victoria but spent nearly all my life in THE big island down southSo I call myself a Taswegian .Names Terry I love my Fishing Salt Water and Fly Fishing for Trout.Thats one of the reasons I live on the East Coast of Tassy.

Like my shooting and have only started again these last twelve months work commitments wouldn't allow me the free time before.I use a TIKKA T3 Stainless in 308 for deer and have just ordered a (DARE i SAY IT) a TIKKA T3 Varmint Stainless in 223 which I hope to pick up in a fortnights time.

Now retired from the mining game so have the time to take up my passions as far as shooting and fishing goes as long as the (MANAGERESS of WAR and FINANCES says its okay)

So shall be seeking assistance from you gents with my relaoding and hope that I can assist yous with my limited knowledge when the time comes

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi

my name is mick and i am getting old but my main ambition is to try and get bowhunting legalised in tasmania.I hunted with a rifle for many years and now i have got back into archery i would love to hunt with a bow in my own state without having to travel to the mainland to do it legally

G'day All,

I'm from Kingston, just south of Hobart. Have lived here for most of my life, but plan on moving a short distance soon to escape the 'urban' feel of the area, get back to the bush.

I mainly hunt wallabies, but get the chance to get out every year to look for an antlered species and his partner...

Love this state, don't want to move to the north island, it's just too hot and humid, nice to visit every now and then though.

I'll write more later....when i have more time...

cheers and good hunting all!! ;)

Hi Guys,

I am from tasmania, I have lived here all my life. I am an active hunter and fisherman. I hunt deer and wallaby, ferals and shoot targets at my SSAA range. I am only new to this forum but look forward sharing stories and ideas with evryone.