G'day from - Tas

howdi boys,

im from the big smoke in tassie im a young fella not quite 18 i have shot fallow stags been on the sambar with hounds hunted chital and got a couple of shots off at sambar and got one lost another one and we shot him again had fun on the chital but didnt get one pitty but oh well.

i live for hunting and nothing else, if i could live in the bush i would.

cheers TH

Edited by trophy hunter

Hey,

Just trying to enter forum but it won't work.

hi jager

is it possible you are from holland?

I,m also new here and i also have to find out how things are working

give a message if it is possible

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day all,

I'm from the north coast o tassie. i enjoy all types of hunting, wether it be over decoy's or walking for days chasing a stag! Work is for people who can't shoot. Thanks

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi all,

Been out of the hunting scene for a few years but now getting back into it with my son. hoping for some enjoyable times together.

Gday all.

I'm from Lannie and have been hunting since a young teenager and love it to bits. I love taking my jack russells hunting chasing roo, there's a whole different side of them when there's something to chase and chew. Do a bit of deer shooting mainly for eaters, ducks, goose when i was young haven't done it for a while, and anything else the farmers got permits for.

Also hunt Fox's on a week long annual trip to Vic with 10 or so Mate's for tassie and 8 Jack russells. Something that we dont wont in Tassie. New record this year with 64 foxs for the week and a whole lot of #### stirring.

Love my fishing and diving for cray, trout and anything that swims. Currently work on a fish farm where my dogs come to work with me chasing rats and feral cats (lost count of how many-dont really like cats)

Anyway keep hunting and gathering

cheers potsy

GDAY FROM TAS . HAVE BEEN CHASING THE FALLOW FOR A FEW YEARS,STILL WAITING FOR THE BIG ONE .INTERESTED IN ALL THINGS ANTLER RELATED ,BIGTUNA ,BIGSALMON ,BIGFLATTIES ETC ETC ,ATV,S CAMPER,S EXPLORING NEW GROUND AND GAINING MORE INFO .HOPE TO COMMUNICATE WITH LIKE MINDED OUTDOORSMEN .

CHEERS LURCH

Hey all,

I’m from Newcastle, NSW. I am in the process of getting some sight hounds-whippets. I love watching these animals use their speed for hunting. I have been researching and am interested in possibly going to do some rabbit/hare hunting with the dogs, once they grow up. Its something of interest to me seeing the dogs do what they were originally bred for and instinctively know to do. I have been watching many ‘youtube’ vids of various hunting from ratting with terriers to ferreting rabbits with lurchers/greyhounds/saluki and find it utterly compelling to watch - I want to get involved eventually! I'm here to read and learn from those who have done it in anticipation of one day taking my dogs out for some sport. Plus from my readings; it seems I would be doing Australia a service by hunting as many rabbits as I could.

cheers

Ryan

Hey potsy,

you buy your JR's specifically for hunting or is it something that you fell into finding out that JRT's are awesome for hunting - particulry rats. I'd love to see one take down a cat (i too hate cats - #### pets and worse for australia)- would've thought it'd be a bit of a fight for that size dog, but i spose if their doing it in packs - the cats got bucklies!

anyway, if you can post a vid or photos that would be sick...

drop us a story of the latest hunt.

p.s - what do the dogs do on a roo hunt? flush them out/chase them down/create panick?

ryan

Hi Guys, Stiffler from Tasmania. I have been hunting since I was a young fella back in SA but now reside in Tasmania. I am new to the site and are hoping to offer and gain some valuable hunting knowledge in all areas of hunting in particular deer hunting.

On Ya Fellas, Stiffler

Edited by Stiffler