G'day from - NSW

G'day,

Complete and absolute Newby here. Haven't had hardly any experience with guns, let alone hunting, but I can read and that's why I'm here. :)

A few more weeks and I'll have my 1st gun.

I'm really looking forward to what this sport has to offer, It's appeal I think is the multiplicity of layers under

the whole hunting / shooting umbrella, from satisfying your primal instinct of man hunting game to the science of reloading and the technicality of smithing.

So much to read, learn and try!!

I'd dare say one bloke shall never know it all but only, after time, become knowledgable in one or a few facets of the gem.

Cheers

TransmissionDump

Edited by TransmissionDump

g'day all, im new in here and also fairly new to shooting, looking into getting liscensed real soon and get out there hunting and shooting at the ranges....i have a lot of questions to ask regarding lisencing procedures and first gun/gear purchase so i appologise in advance if i bother anyone too much

cheers, luke

Hey I'm pretty new, like the above, and am looking at getting licensed and buying myself my first shotgun pretty soon. I'm really intrigued by antique collections but of course I don't have the money for them. As a student, I don't really even have the money for the license yet, so I may be a long time saving to get what I want.

Anyways, that's that. Not much else of interest to put in here, just a new guy coming here for some Q&A.

Gday all,

Im a new member to this forum. Im a 44yo, been shooting ferals since i was 16 with mates. We mainly went on properties in western NSW, Coolibah area. Heaps of pigs n goats there. Havent been hunting in quit awhile. Im just getting back into things. Buying a few rifles so i thought id join here and see what other blokes are using.

Cheers.

Guest Steven Bel

G'day and hello to all on this forum.

Let me begin by saying how glad I am by finally joining such a site whereby all the forum members share a common interest.

As a keen shooter, I was first introduced to the sport by my father at the age of 14 and continued it on in High Scholl and obtained my shooting licence as a teenager. I have continued to grow with this and purchased a number of my own firearms and enjoy the great outdoors when time and family commitments permit. The opportunity to 'go bush' is often underrated by those that are not in the know, but one worth every memory you get to enjoy with mates or family when out there.

Raising a family of 2 kids has somewhat taken me away from the outdoors but I hope to reinvigorate this again.

All the best and hope to see you all around.

Warm regards,

Steven

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'DAY from WA.

Hi,

Im Hollie, i have grown up with shooters (a hunting crazy brother and his friends) and on the land for my whole 25 years.

I live in the Hunter Valley, work in the horse industry and love shooting although I'm usually down-graded to driving the ute or holding the spotlight.

I have just bought my first rifle a very swish looking stainless synthetic Tikka .223 and I'm thinking of maybe getting a .22 for bunnies and foxes!

Im on here to meet other hunters and get some tips for care and cleaning for my new rifle.

catch ya's

Edited by Hollie

Guest Kid Kash

Evening All,

From Sydney (don't hold that against me) and have been into hunting for a few years now. Love getting out of the rat race and into the bush...

Cheers.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.