G'day from - NSW

Hi All,

I don't do nearly as much hunting as I'd like as I don't really have any mates who enjoy hunting.

I live in the hills district of sydney so have been trying to find a productive state forest within a couple of hours drive that I can do easily on day trips or weekends. Anyone who has any ideas, i'd be glad to hear them.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi all

Relitevly new shooter but im quickly becomeing obsessed with the tech side of things. found these forums are great for hard to find imformation

currently shooting my new howa 243 1500 around the bathurst area... mostly goats and roo's but would love to learn how to find some dear in the area

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

i love killing ####

Hey gents, been hanging out to go hunting for ages & finally got the chance this long weekend B), had a chance to have a bit of a practice with my new bow & loved it.

As all of you out there I am hooked & cant wait to get out again.

hi how you going sorry to bother you but you sound like you know what your doing and been in it for a long time im just geting in the hunting game and im going to buy my first rifle i know what i want its remington 700 police 308 but i dont know weather to go brand new or second hand and what scope i should go for the max i want to spend on a scope is 600 so what do you reckon

G'Day Bluer here from NSW. Only just joined this forum. I did some hunting in the Southern Highlands as a kid, but with the growing up stuff, left hunting alone for many years. Now my son who is fifteen has re-ignited this wonderful recreation sport for me and also provided a wonderful way to increase the bond between us. Now both with R licenses, we try to get out together from time to time.

Hi Joe,

I live in the hills as well. I tried a couple of state forests in recent months - one about an hour and a half north and the other out near Lithgow. We were there from dawn until about 2:00pm. Other than native birds and a red-belly black snake, we didn't see a thing.