G'day from - NSW

hello everyone looking forward to becoming a member :D i live down the south coast of jervis bay and looking forward to hunting deer around the state forest hoping to get some advice on areas to go hunting on

Edited by gloomis

Hi all,

just recently moved to sydney from darwin nothern territory, just got my r licence.

i am interested in hunting, 4wd driving (recovering toyoto's) and fishing.

heard this was a great site and full of handy information and peoples experiences.

cheers

max

G'Day from lightning ridge, just having a look , seems to be an interesting site . Born and bred in nw nsw, been hunting all my life . love it still.

Been a hunting guide since 1992 although i'm taking a break at the moment, been working mainly in Cape York for the last 18 years, it doesn't get much better. We have had our up's and downs but I'm sure it beats the hell out of working in an office or building site.

Looking for a change in the future but realy enjoying the break at the moment.

Good to see the Shooters & Fishers party do well in nsw elections, every-one who enjoys the great out door's must always be on guard against the Green Menace if they get any real power our sport is finished.

Any way all the best, and thanks Aushunt congrats on your site.

Happy Hunting Marty Maxwell

Hi Guys,

From Woodpark(Merrylands area in Western Sydney) and have been a shooter for 25 years. Enjoy going out bush. Hunt mainly around Cobar,Nundle and Mudgee. My hunting companions are my Cousins and their boys we also shoot clays together. I have a Remington 700 Tactical in 308 and a 17 Mach 2 for a rimfire. I also have a Browning for shooting clays.

We just came back from Cobar where there was plenty of Feral activity which made for good hunting.

Good Hunting everybody.

G'day, I am from a small town called Jindera North of Albury N.S.W.

I am 15 nearly sixteen (i have acquired my rifle licence) and started hunting when i was about 8. Up until now, i have been using an Anshutz .22, a single shot 12ga shotgun and another .22 of some sort. I have recently purchased a Tikka T3 Lite 223 in stainless (left handed), it is a great rifle and i would reccommend to all who are looking for a new rifle. A 223 is a perfect model of rifle for most game animals you are planning to shoot. From rabbits to scrub bulls.

Harry

Edited by Harry T

Hi all,

Im from Shellharbour, love hunting, dirt bikes 4WD, fishing and spending time with the family.

All new to this hunting stuff but im finding it very interesting. Hopefully I can bag some pigs, goats and a deer by the end of the year. I think my 308 should do the job just fine. Just need to be pointed in the right direction, eg properties, forests to hunt. So any help would be great :D

Cheers for now and happy hunting

Pete

Edited by pistol pete

hi all im new to the deer huntin scene but have been spending heaps of time out there tryin. any advice would be great as i have spent weeks out there and got zero but love every second out in the bush

cheers

G'Day Folks, Sambarmick here.

Just saying hi and hope you are all well.

Me? I live in Sydney & I'm just another addicted sambar hunter. Totally addicted! (1 of the many!)

Just can't manage to spend enough time chasing THE deer, but I know I'm not alone with that sentiment.

Love the 'Gatta and the Junction, (as well as some lesser known places that hold plenty of deer).

Will see you in the bush, somewhere, sometime......

Hunt safe, wear blaze!

Sambarmick