G'day from - NSW

hi all,

im new to this, been hunting on a mates farm on lake bathurst, i live in the inner west of sydney, enjoy 4wdriving and quad bikes, i have 2 boys who really enjoy getting out of sydney and enjoy the bush.

cheers

samgts

G'day from Sutton, NSW (just outside ACT).

I'm a small holding property owner and keen hunter. These days I predominantly stalk Vic. Sambar, though I was once a keen bird hunter over GSP's. Thanks to Labour NSW, that privilege was taken from us all.

Calibres: .22, 30-06, 9.3x62 and .375, and of course 12g. Love my compound bow, but a tendon injury has it on ice for the foreseeable future.

I'm always up for meeting new hunting mates that share the same passion for the bush, respect for the land and game and who are decent, common sense people.

My 20c worth on hunting sports...

Protecting our sacred right to pursue our sport is a responsibility we all share. It's up to all of us to self regulate and enforce standards that ensure Australia's hunting community is beyond reproach. Irresponsible, illegal and destructive behaviors by gun owners hurt us all. If you see it, deal with it. There's no room for idiots in our sport. There's no shame in dobbing in those that do things to jeopardize our collective reputations and our sport. At least, speak up and tell them its not on. Tell them that they're an embarrassment, that they harm our and our children's future hunting prospects.

Importantly, don't be shy about discussing our sport with non hunting friends. In other countries such as north America and Europe, hunting is seen as a prestigious and legitimate sport. Here, society somehow sees us as destructive barbarians and rednecks. Set them straight! Hunters contribute to and support conservation. We're probably more passionate about the bush than most. And, for reasons I've mentioned earlier, we have to go the extra mile to do the right thing in terms of our behaviors in the bush.

Good hunting.

P

Hi All

Greetings from Erskineville. I'm trying to get started with hunting - so far I've got all the licenses I need and no rifle yet still waiting. I was wandering if there are any other hunters in my neighbourhood?

Ziomal