G'day from - NSW

6 hours ago, Rabbit shooter said:

Hey downfield I'm Camden based also a beginner what were you shooting at merrylands I was under the assumption they only allowed rim fire rifles at that range? I'm looking for a shooting buddy as well :)

Hey mate at st marys you can shoot centre fire aswell i take my 30 ought6 there all the time it will be getting its maiden voyage next year on the hunt might tee ip a shoot in the new year there 

2 hours ago, Rabbit shooter said:

I've only got a .22 lr at the moment I am wanting something more exciting just trying to afford it isn't their longest range 50 meters that must be boring with a rifle ?

Yeah it does but i go with my cousin and we shoot and talk we shoot 22 223 and 30 ought6 we are gonna go out to silverdale next year because he just bought an adler so we gonna go shoot that we go on the weekend so if you wanna come i will let you know a couple of days before and we can go have a shoot and you can pop off a couple of rounds in the bigger rifles and see what you like

1 hour ago, Downfield said:

Hey mate at st marys you can shoot centre fire aswell i take my 30 ought6 there all the time it will be getting its maiden voyage next year on the hunt might tee ip a shoot in the new year there 

Yeah it does but i go with my cousin and we shoot and talk we shoot 22 223 and 30 ought6 we are gonna go out to silverdale next year because he just bought an adler so we gonna go shoot that we go on the weekend so if you wanna come i will let you know a couple of days before and we can go have a shoot and you can pop off a couple of rounds in the bigger rifles and see what you like

Sounds good silverdale I heard is supposed to be a very good range I'm glad it's not far from where I live I can't wait to get my first center fire to start reloading rounds my self 

Gday and merry Christmas, I'm Kyle from middle falbrook NSW. Been shooting competitive pistol since I was 12 and only new to rifles and hunting, I've recently purchased a tikka t3x lite on 223 and a synthetic Adler. Mainly been on Roos, rabbits and foxes keen to get on something a little more entertaining though. 

On 24/01/2007 at 4:55 PM, Noddy186 said:

Hi i'm from norhern nsw i mostly hunt this area have been doing it as long as i can remember. Looking forward to chatting with my fellow hunters.

On 24/01/2007 at 2:40 PM, sakoboy said:

Hi

Born in the Manning area neasr Wingham .. farm boy .. off to Teachers College .. some mil exp as well .. NSW and Qld .. public and private schools ... travelled in recent years to NZ, South Korea and Russia (a number of times) ... esp the wonderful Far East around Vladivostok .. what an untapped paradise .. been back ... and will be going back much more ... maybe working (again) ... but hunting with my uncle in law up in Northern Primorsky .. "The Golden Valley"

I am a teacher in Coffs and enjoy training new shooters (I run a School rifle team etc) , particularly in the Field and Service areas. My club (Coffs Hbr RC) are mostly Field and Rimfire Class .. basically a service type/style competition using 'scoped hunting riifles.

I am about to become involved in hunting once again after a few years in absentia. However I now find that I am a "dad again" ... a 14 yo step son and perm care of a 9 yo grandson .. both keen shooters etc... If anybody has a great little spot within a few hours of Coffs where my boys could bag their first bunny, i would love to hear from you. My hunting properties are all west and south of Wagga .. not very convenient for the above purpose. (i spent 10 fab yrs teaching in Wagga Wagga)

My fav firearms are my Sakos .. one is a 75 in 223 and the other a L461 soon to become a 6 X 45.

My latest acquisition is a CZ Varmint .22LR .. like my Brnos, it is fabulous. My Brno Mod 2 is about 35 years old and has trained many kids ... still shoots wonderfully after about a zillion rds.

My New Yrs resolutions also included bagging a deer this year .. I am married to this wonderful lady who can do wonderful things with venison (no .. not really a trophy hunter). I also want to move into F Class this year .. funds permitting. A starting point may be my 308 T3 Varmint.

'Nuff for now.

Regards

John

Interesting, just ordered CZ 452 Special .22...had to get back into rimfire as usually odd man out at shoots. I too happy with SAKO L579 Forester (re-barreled BERGARA .308. Also .243 TIKKA CTR .243 and Tikka T3 Lite .222.

Ranges up North NSW very active on weekly basis. New to centrefire after many years, reloading intense and challenging interest. Have to start getting it right as my learning curve has eliminated most of the clangers..so gotta get better.

Of late most ferals Goats N/West Bathurst, years back was rabbits Dungog / Scone way...now interested in Farmer Assist and hunting generally, Fishing all my life can't walk the beach/rocks 'spinning' like it had done earlier days. Tried fresh water fishing however salty whitewater hard to beat.

Planning (hopefully) trip North of Christchurch NZ goats seem endemic have friends shoot there regularly.

Did caping/butchering course recently but a lot to learn; the pro's make it look easy.

David 

1 minute ago, tuppo2491 said:

Interesting, just ordered CZ 452 Special .22...had to get back into rimfire as usually odd man out at shoots. I too happy with SAKO L579 Forester (re-barreled BERGARA .308. Also .243 TIKKA CTR .243 and Tikka T3 Lite .222.

Ranges up North NSW very active on weekly basis. New to centrefire after many years, reloading intense and challenging interest. Have to start getting it right as my learning curve has eliminated most of the clangers..so gotta get better.

Of late most ferals Goats N/West Bathurst, years back was rabbits Dungog / Scone way...now interested in Farmer Assist and hunting generally, Fishing all my life can't walk the beach/rocks 'spinning' like it had done earlier days. Tried fresh water fishing however salty whitewater hard to beat.

Planning (hopefully) trip North of Christchurch NZ goats seem endemic have friends shoot there regularly.

Did caping/butchering course recently but a lot to learn; the pro's make it look easy.

David 

If in Sydney give any of the guys at SAFARI Firearms Bexley at try they are very knowledgeable and won't stitch you. Simi is one of the people i deal with really helpful.

If'n yo is in the bush LISMORE Chris, Hamish or Damien at Suffolks. 

Hey fellow hunters. My names danny. Im from the parramatta region on nsw. Have always had a passion for firearms, knife collection, fishing, camping and four wheel driving. Im a self employed electrician by trade and try find time between work and family to get out and explore what australia has to offer. Currently in the market to buy a tikka ctr in a 308. A tikka lite in 223, a 22lr and a shotgun to add to my safe. Would love to meet new friends who have similar interests to my self. Also if anyone would happen to require help in eliminating pests id be more than happy to help offering both pest eradication and electrical help ? 

• Like 1

Hey fellow hunters. My names danny. Im from the parramatta region on nsw. Have always had a passion for firearms, knife collection, fishing, camping and four wheel driving. Im a self employed electrician by trade and try find time between work and family to get out and explore what australia has to offer. Currently in the market to buy a tikka ctr in a 308. A tikka lite in 223, a 22lr and a shotgun to add to my safe. Would love to meet new friends who have similar interests to my self. Also if anyone would happen to require help in eliminating pests id be more than happy to help offering both pest eradication and electrical help [emoji106] 

Hi All
I'm relatively new to hunting & have just got my R license. I'm from the Central Coast. & intend on visiting various state forest north of & west of Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome fellas! Get amongst the discussions! Hopefully see some reports from yas in the near future!

Also if anyone would happen to require help in eliminating pests id be more than happy to help offering both pest eradication and electrical help [emoji106] 

Mate do you know much about grundfos pumps and the timing system on them!?

Got a pump here on one of the bores but the timer system has shit itself.