G'day from - NSW

On 08/11/2018 at 1:20 PM, wdojohnson said:

I’m thinking about bow hunting rabbits to start?

Welcome to the forums!

With a bow you need to be able to get within 20 meters of your target and for rabbits need to reliably be able to hit a target about the size of an orange within that range.

Here in SA you need a general Hunting Permit - I believe the equivalent in Vicco is a Game License. I'm not sure if that's "all" you need.

Have fun!

Welcome to the forums!
With a bow you need to be able to get within 20 meters of your target and for rabbits need to reliably be able to hit a target about the size of an orange within that range.
Here in SA you need a general Hunting Permit - I believe the equivalent in Vicco is a Game License. I'm not sure if that's "all" you need.
Have fun!

Thanks that’s helpful [emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Gday from Coffs Harbour region 

Very keen fisherman and getting back into hunting after having first child. Grew up hunting the central west NSW then spent four years in the NT chasing pig and buffalo. Getting around to R licence and looking forward to doing some exploring.

Cheers

Kmac

Anshutz 1416 22lr

Winchester 94 30/30

Remington 700 375 h/h mag

Drop me a pm if your keen to hunt around coffs....i generally hunt down nundle way... fb Wayne Bednarz 

Deer mainly 

G’day,

obviously new to the forum, been fishing all my life and hunting for only a couple of years.

Used to chase deer down the the south coast of NSW but have moved to the Coffs Harbour area late last year.

Mainly hunt to put free range meat on the table for my family but happy to take out non natives and vermin,

we have just had a second daughter so really need to get some deer sorted out on the Mid north so we can eat some good meat!

Gday everyone. 

Im form the hunter valley . Enjoy hunting , camping fishing ect. Do a bit of hunting for rabbits and foxes but looking to chase some deer in the state forests . Have my r licence ect. Currently have a 7mm-08. Not looking for monster stags. Just a doe or spike for the table. 

Howdy,

Tailfeathers here. From the USA, the Commonwealth (state) of Virginia to be exact,  just south of Washington DC , on the East Coast. I hunt mostly waterfowl, Canada Geese are my favorite. Ducks second. Also  Hunt Dove , Deer, Turkey, crows and barn pigeons.  I am a firm beliver in our Second Amendment,  active in fighting anti hunting and anti Second Amendment rights.  I have a number of boats (older but great) a few Olive Drab Green for waterfowl hunting. I run a Thai style long tail motor ( Swamp Runner brand) on the back of my 15 foot jon boat that gets us into the skinny waters where not many hunters have easy access to, and where the ducks like to be.  I bought the biggest motor (22hp  V Twin) to carry the laod and also give us old guys some speed thrills.  We are in our 5o’s ( the baby)  60’s and late 70’s ( the old man).   I also have a Barnegut Bay Sneakbox boat that is an 11 foot traditional duck hunting boat first designed in the 1800’s ( mine was built in the 1940’s just after the war)  that is loads of fun and history and the perfect design to get you into the reeds and back home in a blow. VERY seaworthy.    I also have a long sleek and narrow fiberglass boat, 16 feet long that can be used very well while hunting Virginia Rail , a small marsh bird that you hunt at high tide through the tops of  flooded marsh grass during an extra high Moon Tide.  One guy push poles, the front guy shoots. The pole guy throws a small bright miniture crab pot style bouy at the downed bird to mark it for later retrieve, cause once the action gets hot, you dont stop the boat into the birds. No forward motion from mechanical propusion allowed, not even for shooting cripples in our laws.  I am looking forward to getting or building a layout boat  ( 8 foot pumpkin seed with curved decks and cockpit, or even two  of them so we can have us shoot birds landing  into the decoys and on our heads from water level.   I drive a Toyota Tundra, old but wonderful and a 98 BMW  to the bus commuter lot and errands that dont require a truck.  I also run a 20 foot Shamrock boat, very stoutly built, very well thought of. Shes a 1985 with an inboard Pleasurecraft/Ford 302 V8 inboard with a full keel. Shes built like a brick you know what house.  We salt water fish the Chesapeake Bay with her. Sweet boat.  My best and only dog  is an 11 year old Black Female Lab.  Sweetest dog I have ever known, hunts with me in the warmer months and also loves to jump out of the truck at the pitch dark  boat ramp where I  count 4 seconds and she makes a big splash and in the water breaking skim ice for fun.  Well anyway, heres a bit of my life and my introduction.

PS, I am really not a cocky SOB, trying to boast my posessions, ( really, they all are inexpensive old things that dont add up to much....is my  ex  and her lawyer seeing this? Ha.). I  like to share my  hunting and fishing gear ideas experiences and fun with you guys and would like to hear and learn about  how you guys all hunt and fish. 

G’Day!

Rich. 

• Like 2