G'day from - NSW

Hi all, Sydney based and getting back into shooting after almost 30 years. Grew up shooting in my teens at family properties near Coonabarabran but drifted away from it after school finished. Really look at getting into deer/goats and other meats to fill the freezer and eat clean. Hopefully there is a wealth of experience in this forum I can call on.

cheers

Andrew

G'day All,

Jonno here, a misplaced Queenslander recently moved to Wollongong. Been shooting for about 25yrs mainly hunting pigs, cats and the odd dog in NW Qld. Already got my R licence and looking at getting out into some of the state forests down here for a freezer filler or two  

Cheers lads

Jonno

Edited by Jonno732

Hi folks,

You can call me Hank.

Kids are grown up, my rifles are back...it's time to get back into some hunting. I'm looking for info and conversation from like minded hunters. I attended the launch of the DPI Safe Meat Harvest LEAP training with Dr Jason Flesch at Abelas Gun Shop last Saturday and I'm pumped for a deer hunt.

Cheers.

On 04/06/2019 at 9:40 PM, MikeG88 said:

Hi all

5 Years experienced hunter, mainly state forest hunting looking for deer and pigs

Which forests do you hunt in?

Hi, live in Sydney but spend a lot of time in the bush. Have a .222 and my interest is feral animal reduction, especially cats and foxes. I take a lot of pleasure in reloading, and love my 222 that I bought new 40 years ago. Have thermal equipment, and exploring the possibility of training up a scent detection dog for foxes and cats. 

Howdy

New to hunting, but old to shooting.

Just moved back to NSW after 17 years North of the border

Looking to hunt deer on the south coast of NSW, home base being wollongong .

Just on here to get more education on the subject.

Cheers

12g, .22LR, .357 mag levers, 243win/300WM for the range and 7mm-08 for the bush