G'day from - NSW

Howdy all, 

From Murrumbateman NSW....

My interest has mainly been bowhunting but now have a teenage son who is a keen rifle shooter, both hunting and target. 

Getting him set-up with good equipment and getting him out in the bush, ensuring he is learning the skills and had the knowledge, attitude and ethics to become a great hunter. 

Recently a mate recommended this site, so signed up a while back and keen to join in and use the site more regularly.  

Cheers

G'day all, I am Cornelius, I am a South African in wonderful Australia. I am based in Sydney and new to the Australian hunting scene. Having hunted African antelope for most my life, I am very excited to get into hunting here in Australia and explore what this great, beautiful diverse country has to offer.

I have hunted mostly with my Sako .270 and Browning .308 in South Africa. I have applied for my A and B fire arm licence in NSW on the 27th of November 2019, almost 4 months now and still waiting. Hopefully will have it soon so I can explore the bush. 

I would like to get into shooting most deer for the meat, as well hog, and birds.

Anyone has any information regarding why the licencing takes this long?

Regards

Cornelius

Hi all, i wanted to ask your opinion about mobile decoys
My friend wanted to sell me his decoyed ringdove collection. He said that this is the best decoys, that I've ever seen. I didn't hear about minuses from him. And I've decided to ask you about them.I don't remember the name of organization, but I think that it is "madhunt"

Hi 

I'm in Sydney's Northern Beaches and I've been working to become increasingly self sufficient, using less energy, growing my own food, keeping chickens for eggs and learning to fish.

I've been interested in sourcing my own meat for a while but it has fallen down the priority list due to weekend family commitments. My son is now of an age where I have more free time and I may be able to bring him along for the ride. I am researching local shooting and hunting clubs to join once they reopen and educating myself about the licensing process, different firearms, callibres of ammunition and places to hunt. I'm also interested in trying target shooting and improving my skills before heading into the field.

I found this forum and look forward to engaging with other hunters to help broaden my knowledge and help me become successful at sourcing my own food in a sustainable and humane way.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I came to Australia from USA. I was born in California and was living there until I was 25. Now I'm living in Sydney. Impressive city. I suppose I'll never come back to USA only for vacation.  I am going to have a first hunt this year if the situation in the world and our country will be stable and the virus problem will be solved. Also, I am working with this outdoor site. It's about huting, fishing and camping. When you work wiht such content you have more desire to hunt. 

I have come to this forum to learn more about hunting in Australia and get some advice as I am a noob in huinting. 

Have a nice day!

Edited by markusshoot