G'day from - NSW

Hello from Sydney. I'm a newer gun owner, and am interested in basically every part of gun ownership except for hunting for any reason other than pest control, preferably of introduced species. At the moment I'm researching glass for long range shooting. I currently own a Savage Axis in 22-250, an Adler B230T, and a Tikka M695 in 300 Winchester Magnum. My gun ownership currently revolves around impulse buys which explains my er, interesting collection.

Hello,

I’ve been an outdoor person my whole life. Grew up surfing, boating, fishing, camping and hiking. I also love being in the garden and growing my own food. 

A couple of years ago I decided I wanted to provide my own free range, organic meat and so applied for my gun license. After that I got my R license and a .22LR and stated getting bunnies from a state forest west of the Blue Mountains. 
I’ve recently purchased a .270 and plan on hunting deer in the same areas. 
I currently live in the Inner West and would love to learn more about hunting and possibly join someone for a hunt some time as none of my mates are keen. I’m a normalish 37 year old, married, primary school teaching, cancer survivor. Not into anything stupid. 

Best of luck to everyone ??

On 17/04/2021 at 9:57 PM, User152 said:

Gday All

new hunter here living in Sutherland Shire area. 
Looking to start with a bit of vermin control in state forests and a few range days to build my skills before I start looking for deer.

If you want like-minded locals then meet up.

Shirehunters

Engadine Bowling club

Third thursday of each month, 7pm.

Generally its club members but feel free to test the waters and if you like it then join!