G'day from - NSW

G'day secant0give here,

A little about me I'm a keen hunter and firearms enthusiast. I have been for many years. I grew up in the central Australian desert. Although I currently live and work in Sydney, I feel quite at home amongst the heat, dust and flies of the outback.

I currently work as a mechanical designer in the R&D sector. In my spare time I make and sell jacketed hunting projectiles in a semi-commercial sort of way. It’s not my day job but it’s a way of having a bit of fun and reducing the cost of my shooting activities at the same time. Being a tool maker by trade I like to tinker will all things mechanical and firearms are of special interest to me.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi seemd to have introdued myself earlier.

Hi to all,

Name is Chris, but answer to Gnome! or Garden Gnome!

I'm 39, Married 10 years now, I have 4 Kids 3 living 1 dissesed all with my sweet Teena, the oldest Scott 20 going 21, Ashley 17, Aleesha 12 going 13 , Zack would be 9 now. I'm a builders labourer/ property manager now retired, most of my life I've been shooting bows of both types compound & stick still own most of them now :rolleyes: , as well as being raised with rifles :D . All the family love to hunt with both forms. We love to travel seeing the rellos and hunt hunt hunt B) Take memory snaps & videos too.

Love a nice cold BUNDY RUM or 10. Also am partial to a realy good joke, love ta listen to most types of music but as we all do we have our favs.

Yours In Hunting and Archery.

Gnome!

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Howdy from Texas

Just looking around on here and hoping to find someone that can help me find a job guiding or working on a hunting ranch in NSW or QLD. I just graduated college with a degree in agribusiness and looking for an adventure. I have been to NSW for a month playing polocrosse and loved it. I have guided hunters on several ranches here, one of which was 40,000 acres and the biggest exotic hunting ranch in the US. I have hunted since before i can remember and killed just about everything that legal in Texas and I've also hunted in South Africa. If anyone can help just email me at tkneese@hotmail.com. Happy hunting

Tanner

gday.

im not all that new to hunting, ive been shooting for 2 years and ferreting for 3.i have one dog ,he's a whippet named cooper.i have 2 hobs (male ferrets ) syd and victor and i thi nk that dogs are the best hunting tool a bloke can eva have .

HI all,

My name is Ken and my wife and I reside in Glen Innes. I have recently started to get back into some hunting after a long absence (mainly bunnies and fox due to old injuries from Army which slows me down a bit in old age lol) , however I did do a lot of Big Bore Target shooting in-between hunts which I really enjoyed. At present my armoury only consists of an Anschutz .22 and a .303 and as soon as the permit to acquire turns up I will be purchasing a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .243 which should take care of the varmints and some deer and perhaps the odd pig or two in the forestry (thanks to Game Council) and keep me out of trouble at home at the same time lol. I did a fair bit of pig shooting around SE Qld, St George and Moonie areas in the 70's and mid 80's as there seemed to be an abundance of pigs in close during those days and we were always welcomed by property owners to help with any problems that they may have been having with the little grunters, and of course there was always the wily fox and the odd wild dog/dingo that would appear occasionally. I look forward to reaping the rewards from reading about your experiences and perhaps I may even be able to contribute a bit as well. Cheers.

Ken

Glen Innes

Hi all

I currently live in the Sydney area and as often as possible hit the bush to escape this rat race.

I've been hunting for about 30 years although had a good 10 years where I didn't hunt. Back into it all now when time permits.

I hope very much to learn from other forum members and may also be able to share my knowlege