G'day from - NSW

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Let me roam through the wide open country that i love , Dont fence me in .

:(

The central coast NSW . I am having withdrawals its been tooooooooo long between shooting trips.Spent my whole life going to properties at Goodooga , Dubbo , Dorrigo ,Nundle . As a boy my Father took me to these places and taught me everything i know ,and i did the same for my young sons . These properties are no longer available for one reason or another , so unfortunately the shooting gear, motorbikes , and lifestyle that i am accustomed to is packed away gathering dust & anxiously awaiting revival . This web site is as close as i can seem to get to my hobby .

Edited by Lloyd

Heya fellow AusHunters.

Living in western suburbs of Sydney and am getting back into hunting.

Interested in getting an R-Licence through the game council, as well as training my German Shothaired Pointer puppy.

jaypee

G'day from southern NSW

I'm 10 years old. I go hunting with my dad (220) when ever I can

My birthday is in August so I have to wait 14months before I can get a my minors permit

I am saving money so I can buy my own rifle. I help dad to skin and peg out foxes we shoot. I sell them to a skin buyer who comes to town and dad lets me keep the money.

We will be going spotlighting on the weekend because a friends sheep are lambing and he asked us to shoot some of the foxes that are eating some of the lambs.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi everyone i do a bit of hunting myself prefer deer i usually go to hanging rock i have gone state forest a couple of times have seen 2 red stags unlucky but was successful in bagging four goats

Hi I have been shooting a long time and now mainly hunt foxes with a 204 ruger.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day from Sydney..... well what I am doing here?.... Originaly from snowie part of Europe accidentaly settled in Sydney looking for colder parts of this beautiful country. Some experiences hunting does, acctually one a couple of hares and one big european boar (180kg). After 35 years qut smoking and finaly decided to get back in firearms. Finaly finished licencing and this week going to RTA do do the thing (licence). Hope next year will move "downunder from downunder" I mean Tassie.

Listening and reading anything you experienced guys say. I am happy I found this forum. Would like to know more about Tassie law and hunting rules. I would like some links. Beforehand grateful

G'day from Sydney..... well what I am doing here?.... Originaly from snowie part of Europe accidentaly settled in Sydney looking for colder parts of this beautiful country. Some experiences hunting does, acctually one a couple of hares and one big european boar (180kg). After 35 years qut smoking and finaly decided to get back in firearms. Finaly finished licencing and this week going to RTA do do the thing (licence). Hope next year will move "downunder from downunder" I mean Tassie.

Listening and reading anything you experienced guys say. I am happy I found this forum. Would like to know more about Tassie law and hunting rules. I would like some links. Beforehand grateful

Hi everyone :)

G'day hunters, Returned to hunting in the last couple of years and concentrating on deer & goat . Have hunted rabbit,fox,goat & pig in Aus many moons ago also chamois,goat,red deer & sika in NZ in the 70's.currently at Badgerys Creek near Penrith.Member Buckmasters hold "R" licence and generally on for a hunt {depending on shifts}if any one is interested.

May the wind ever be in your face.

Tarlo. :D

Edited by tarlo

Hi i am a avid sports shooter and hunter and film producer. I am working on a new 100% Australian made hunting video. Footage is very difficult to come by although I know there is alot out there. This is a real chance to have some of your most exciting and memorable hunts distributed throughout the Australian hunting community. If you have any footage at all or know of anyone who is willing to send me a copy that would be great. I will pay anyone accordingly for footage and look forward to seeing some great blood pumping hunting action.

Henry Minter

henrym@bigpond.net.au

Hi,

I'm from NSW, I'm 16 going on 17, I hunt with my dad around the Bathurst area, on a friends property.

We used to go there often but not so much these days.

We hunt foxes and rabbits there, I recently scored a good fox kill where I shot it from about 100 meters behind the ear with my at the time new .223 Zastava.

The same visit I also shot a rabbit with our sidebyside Beretta double barrel shotgun.

I do clay target shooting (recently got into it) and I am very addicted. I'm about to own a new Miroku Grade 1 Trap.

I'm very interested in shooting and hope to progress my skills in clay target shooting.

Guns we own:

Beretta Side By Side Shotgun (12g)

.223 Zastava with Scope (came with, not sure about tech specs)

Miroku OverandUnder Grade 1 Trap.

Myself and my brother are both SSAA members, while my dad isn't. I got my license when I was 13 years old.

g'day everyone,

i'm only a young bloke from near dubbo. own a .22 and have access to a few other guns. we have rabbits, foxes and kangaroos on our farm. enjoy hunting and planning to one day make a rig of my own. keen to learn as much as i can about all aspects of looking after guns etc. and hunting techniques. the site is great and i'm looking forward to the forums...

cheers, recreational roge

G'day, keen Hunters,

I live in Northwest Sydney, Try to hunt feral goats,pigs, foxes and rabbits when I can .

Just got my R-licence , don't know too much about the process. Still trying to figure out mapping downloads.

Been shooting /hunting most of my life . I've hunted on properties in Kancoban in the Snowy, Collector, Kandos , Oberon Region,

Nyngan and Mudgee.

I do like most law abiding hunters out there miss our now restricted firearms like semi-auto's and pump action shotguns.

I had a perfect little .223 stainless Ruger Mini 14. That was a great gun.

Luckily there is somewhat a loop-hole in the restrictions that allows pump action rifles.

I purchased a .223 Vektor H5 Pump action rifle .

Shoots like a die. Even after a full stack on my trail bike filling the barrel and action with dirt, one allen key at the back pulled it right

down and after cleaning didn't need to be sighted in.

There's my bragg , Glad to be on-board , SAFE Hunting ,

Nelson

Just saying G'day to all, Im a keen hunter and doing it every chance i get. (prob a bit to much say's the wife) .I use both dog's and firearms, and hope to be dogg'n and shoot'n well into the future. see ya's out there !! shannon