G'day from - NSW

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi. I'm from Sydney's North Shore. I'm interested in learning more about shooting as a sport and AusHunter looked like a good place to start. Hopefully, I'll complete my firearms training over the next couple of weeks and get started.

Good day hunters

I've just joined the forum and don't know too much about this sort of thing.

I'm in my 50's and have hunted since I was a little tacker.

Started with bunnies then got stuck into the grunters at age 14.

I went on to goats then deer. Had a crack at buffalo up north and am off to Africa soon to see what is on offer over there.

NZ deer hunting was a great experience, even if a little unsuccessful.

Love all types of hunting and firearms sports.

It seems that everything I've done for the last 40 years has firmly revolved around hunting and firearms use.

Life has been very kind to me and I appreciate having had the chance to get involved in hunting.

It beats the hell out of mowing the grass.

Look forward to chatting with the group.

We are living in an exciting time in NSW.

Good Hunting

Otto

Hey everyone. I am from Jervis Bay on the south coast. I mainly hunt Sambar down in Vic and other deer species when I get the chance. Also hunt magpie geese in the territory when I am up there for work during the season.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

:D My name is Dingo and I am a professional Kangaroo harvestor. :)

My name is Daryl, I live at Forster on the Mid North Coast of NSW.

30 years ago I shot rabbits professionally and have enjoyed hunting since I got my first gun at age 14.

In the mid 80's I gave away rifle shooting when I discovered the challenge of bowhunting. I did a lot of hunting with the bow over the years taking a lot of game including some enormous pigs.

I also worked on a property north of Tamworth for a spell in the early 90's and enjoyed a lot of hunting whilst there.

The last 15 years I have not been very active hunting due to ever increasing work commitments, but I have recently taken up rifle shooting again and am now really enjoying getting out and enjoying the bush and the challenge of the hunt again.

trophy-class-boar.jpg

Huge boar taken by compound bow in the early 90's

fox-hunting.jpg

Fox taken last week.

Edited by Darylw

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi

im a new member from bathurst who likes hunting and is new to the sport and im keen to learn more

regards tim

Hi all,

Historical reader of this forum, first time writer.

I've shot on and off since I was relatively young. Currently living in the Eastern Suburbs of sydney and own a sako quad (with all 4 barrels). I do enjoy collecting and cooking my own rabbits and would like to get into goat, pig, and deer hunting one of these days.

Cheers!

G'day all,

new to site just starting out in hunting and waiting for my license to come through.

Want to get a 243 and start to chase pigs and goats.

Hope to learn a bit from you guy's.

G'day folks!

Currently residing in Raymond Terrace, NSW (Near Newcastle), but looking at a posting to Darwin in a year or so.

Married, no kids but one on the way :)

R-licenced, however I haven't had the opportunity to head out anywhere yet, hopefully sometime soon!

Current firearms are Sako .223, Stirling .22 and Miroku U/O shotgun. Shotty hasnt been used since I shot clays in townsville 4 years ago :(

Hope to add a 6.5x55 or similar to my collection in the future for use on the larger game species.

G'Day all,

Just a quick intro.

Ive been hunting since i was a wee tucker.

I only hunt Ferrals and I like cooking the rabbits i bag.

Pre amnisty days I owned a fine collection of original service 303's with matching serials numbers. 22 auto and a beatuiful 3030 winchester. (of which I sold all and still miss them)

I now own and shoot bolt action - .22 .22mag .243. These rigs would be considered, as budjet rigs, but I dont try to take shots beyond their capabilities. Horses for courses so to speak.

I also enjoy the odd shooting competion, but find it hard to compete with guys with rigs worth more than my car. Although I like giving them a run for their money, and the look on their face when a stock CZ .22 witha budget scope out scores them is priceless.

I believe in and follow the hunters code of ethics and I also have attained the 'R' licence.

Im a SSAA member and Hunting & Conservation member as well.

I still prefer hunting rabbiits and foxes. Goats and pigs I havent hunted in many years.

4wding and camping are my other favourites.

Its a great thing that we are now slowly being able to hunt in more places.

I hope we can keep the momentum

just wish i knew more farmers that wanted or need a hand with their rabbits.

Cheers

Tim

Edited by iifiip

G'day All,

Just rediscovered my interest in shooting & hunting sports. Living in Sydney, but missing the hills, bush & plains I remember from years back.

Looking forward to getting out of town & enjoying stalking deer, and sorting out ferals like pigs, goats, foxes and the bunnies.

Have a shottie, .22, .222 & looking to get together a .308 for the bigger stuff.

I'm a member of the SSAA with my R licence. Would like to get to know any farmers looking to sort out ferals in NSW. Also keen to get to know which state forests might hold the perfect hunt.

-Dom