G'day from - NSW

Hi guys just another newbie to this site but not to forums im from the Mid North Coast of NSW, a retired Fire fighter now back into earthmoving love Deep sea fishing, 4X4, camping with the family and now the kids are old enough! hunting. Ive been laid up for a few weeks with a back operation so im hoping to be able to find some new friends with similiar interest and may organise some more trips while laid up.

Hi

Born in the Manning area neasr Wingham .. farm boy .. off to Teachers College .. some mil exp as well .. NSW and Qld .. public and private schools ... travelled in recent years to NZ, South Korea and Russia (a number of times) ... esp the wonderful Far East around Vladivostok .. what an untapped paradise .. been back ... and will be going back much more ... maybe working (again) ... but hunting with my uncle in law up in Northern Primorsky .. "The Golden Valley"

I am a teacher in Coffs and enjoy training new shooters (I run a School rifle team etc) , particularly in the Field and Service areas. My club (Coffs Hbr RC) are mostly Field and Rimfire Class .. basically a service type/style competition using 'scoped hunting riifles.

I am about to become involved in hunting once again after a few years in absentia. However I now find that I am a "dad again" ... a 14 yo step son and perm care of a 9 yo grandson .. both keen shooters etc... If anybody has a great little spot within a few hours of Coffs where my boys could bag their first bunny, i would love to hear from you. My hunting properties are all west and south of Wagga .. not very convenient for the above purpose. (i spent 10 fab yrs teaching in Wagga Wagga)

My fav firearms are my Sakos .. one is a 75 in 223 and the other a L461 soon to become a 6 X 45.

My latest acquisition is a CZ Varmint .22LR .. like my Brnos, it is fabulous. My Brno Mod 2 is about 35 years old and has trained many kids ... still shoots wonderfully after about a zillion rds.

My New Yrs resolutions also included bagging a deer this year .. I am married to this wonderful lady who can do wonderful things with venison (no .. not really a trophy hunter). I also want to move into F Class this year .. funds permitting. A starting point may be my 308 T3 Varmint.

'Nuff for now.

Regards

John

Hi john new to this forum just read your post my eldest is just about to start the process of getting his junior licence as well as my wife if you here of any places to get out and get to odd bunny or fox i would really like to hear about it as most of my properties are around the central west and as you would now its not just a quick trip to get there. sorry by the way im based in Macksville

Gday Im Adrian from sydney and have just found this site on the game councillinks page. After being away from the hunting sceine for many years i'm just starting to gear up and get out after deer in next few weeks. must say i am some what supprised at the amount of changes that have happened over the years of my absence.

I have just gone and purchased my first ever off the shelf rifle being a 308 Howa with a red ridge 3X9X40 scope and the new light wieght synthetic stock. must say after the first trip to the ranger with i m very happy with the action but still find the trigger a little heavy.

i am at the moment looking for any advice or information on hunting deer around the sydney/blue mountains areas and central west hoping to be out for my first hunt with this new rifle by the end of the month.

G'day im Ben from sydney 28 years of age and enjoy regular hunting on private and now public lands with my little brother(hes not so little now), we both love nothing more than busting ferals on our weekends away and helping out aussie farmers.

I mainly use my Howa 1500 camo and stainless combo chambered in .243 and finished with leopuld 3x9 40 scope on mostly foxes, goats, pigs(soon) and bunnies(red mist at 80 meters) have recently tried long shots with some success. anything bunnie size or smaller gets my new cz .22lr damn its accurate outta the box. and if any thing gets close and nasty its my brothes coach gun to the rescue. we havent tried deer as are still learning to butcher and dont wont to waste the meat. we have seen heaps and have even been honked by a decent buck.

if you cant find us shooting it means we whent 4wding, trailbike riding or are already at the pub.

Cheers Ben,

"city born, but Just a little bit country"

Guest d0gm34t

G'day,

my names Shaun, i live in Liverpool. iv had my hunting license for about 6 months now and i want to start hunting deer, pigs and goats. i need to find some where close to Sydney to shoot. i have my restricted hunting license and can shoot in state forests but i don’t know any one with land... i have a Remington .308, a Mossberg 30-30 and a 12g shottie. id like to get some advise on where i can find these 3 species. i really love getting out doors with my mates and i am looking forward to hunting heaps more in the near future.

G'Day,

I live near murwillumbah on the NSW QLD boarder and there isn't a whole lot of shooting to be had here.

Currently i own a .22 cometa model 400 air rifle and a Remington SPS in .243.

I have joined aushunt to talk to like minded people and expand my knowledge of shooting and hunting, and maybe meet up with some shooting buddys along the way.

Regards Scotty

Edited by Scott243

Hi all,

Nullacritter here from Sydney's south. I love hunting and being out in the bush, I just do not do it enough!

Always looking for another forum to trade tips and advice. I have been using just a 22mag, 12 and more recently a .222 on bunnies, foxes and cats for the last 15 years or so, am looking at something bigger for piggies goats etc. 243. 6.5x55 or 308, and what manufacturer, barrel type etc etc etc, ah decisions decisions.

I look forward to conversing with you on the boards.

n

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.