G'day from - QLD

Name: Andrew

Living Area: Gold Coast, Queensland

Hunting area: Stanthorpe, Texas qld

Background: Hunted when i was young and just returned to the sport in the last few years.

Game Hunting: Pigs, Rabbits, foxes, deer

Calibres: 22 mag ,223 ,308

hi there

my name is ben 39yo used to go hunting a bit in the early ninety's (good old days) just looking for places to go hunting, it's all changed now, i use to shoot on crownland no problems, if somoene could let me know how it all works now that would be good

cheers

ben

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

whoops :rolleyes:

g.day all brian in brisbane

been chasing the usual pigs foxes etc since i was a kid (bloody long time ago)

hunt in westernqld @ the granite belt mostly sometimes in central qld

travel around the state with my work hope to catch up with some of you

cheers brian

Hello fellow hunters,

My name is Mario, I've been hunting and trapping ferals since I was 12.............. that was a long time ago. I still enjoy hunting and am now a part time Taxidermist as well. I waste nothing. LOL. What gets shot gets skinned, eaten or stuffed.

I have just joined this site and am looking forward to looking around.

Cheers, Mario.

Hello fellow hunters,

My name is Mario, I've been hunting and trapping ferals since I was 12.............. that was a long time ago. I still enjoy hunting and am now a part time Taxidermist as well. I waste nothing. LOL. What gets shot gets skinned, eaten or stuffed.

I have just joined this site and am looking forward to looking around.

Cheers, Mario.

about time mate lol

24-05-09

Hi there all, My name is Paul and I am learning pretty much from scratch how to hunt and use a rifle correctly

Last year I was lucky enough to visit my girlfriends parents on a Cattle Ranch in Northern California. It was one of the best experiences that I have ever had in the vertical position!

Her Father in law is a gun collector, as was his dad before him, and so he has an amazing amount of weaponry... Which he allowed me to test on his outdoor gun range... So I had the experience of shooting everything from tiny original "Derringer" pistols, to every form of whinchester lever action you can imagine, Right up to the almighty "Sharps" buffalo gun shoulder cannons, straight from the pages of history!

His Ranch was also home to raccoons, ground hogs, wild turkey, wild pigs, whitetail deer, coyotes and also the odd black bear or mountainlion.

And so, as you can imagine... I came home addicted.

I love the idea of a clean kill, and long range seemed to be the challenge that I enjoyed the most, and right now I am happy to learn as much as I can about the sport of hunting, and about the tools of the trade... With a view to attaining my rifle licence and making the right descision on the piece of hardware that would suit me best.

any advice appreciated,

thanks Paul

Edited by Skyye

name : Justin

i live in the whitsundays and am new to the sport of hunting i own a .308 i havnt yet shot a pig but am hangin to nail my first if anyones got anyspots near mackay townsville would appreciate the heads up

Hi all,

My name is Callum, i have been going out hunting since i could pretty much walk, shot my first bunny with a air gun at the age of 4. I moved from NZ 3 years ago and i havent really done much hunting during that time excpet the times i go over to see family and friends. The hunting bugg is biting hard now so im looking forward to getting out there in the aussie bush. :D

hi all, 25 and live in mackay just started shooting again, used to shoot clays alot and hunting, just brought 30-06 and getting a 243. am interesting in meeting people in my area to go hunting with.

cheers Bevan

Hi All,

Thought I would do this again as I have not been to the site in 2 years.

I am 30, live near Toowoomba and was a keen hunter as a kid. Taking it back up 2 years ago I have the bug back big time.

Keen to hook up with a few other locals (or kinda locals) to trade secret spots :)

Enjoy a night spot for Bunnies and Fox’s as well as the weekenders and full on trips for Pigs, Goats and Deer.

Spent a couple of years building up some gear, 22lr, 223rem, 270 and finally the missing puzzle piece, the Land Cruiser.

Take it easy

G'day everybody

My name is Laurent and i'm french :ph34r: 25 living and studying on the GoldCoast !, I've experienced a lot of hunting Boars and roe-deers for the big game we in Normandy. i'm also keen on duck hunting (quite fan of those american "duckcommander" guys !)

snipes and e few geese when the weather is really cold !

I've also spent two weeks in Tanzania. Just amazing !

I kind of miss my primary hunters behaviours so if someone would like to shares some photos stories, especially with your local wildlife it will be awesome !

I will check on the forum where i could go for somr roos, wild dogs and wild pigs. And why not a Bufffalo ! B)

Au plaisir les amis !