G'day from - QLD

G day Tim from Brisbane. I am keen to get back into hunting. I have not hunted for afew years since I was in the NT afew years ago.

I am particularly interesting in starting some dog shooting and tring to help farmers out with this problem. I have a 223 and a 308 and am looking for properties around the MT Mee around.

If anyone knows of some or would like to show a novice the ropes then send an email.

Cheers Tim

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day all just moved north to calliope I'm 24 been shooting 4-5 years now love stalking pigs, footy 4x4's camping, Anyone in the area want to meet at a nearby range & have a shoot ! all my shooting life's 10+hrs south now!! =(

Guest darthdingas

Hi to all, A little about me

My name is Colin Dent.

I'm a 30year old former New South Welshmen (go you blues!!!) moved to Mount Isa Queensland some 6years now I'm a Brickie by trade and have been for almost 10 years and love the job.

I moved to Mount Isa for the Mines but fell back in to bricklaying, I will go there just enjoy what im doing, I've always enjoyed Hunting/Shooting since i was old enough to shoot the old man's .22 semiauto those were the days mid 80's hunting Rabbit and Foxes in the cold Cooma evenings, mmmmm rabbie stew (little sis weren't too keen lol) and now have a .22lr and a .308 (new 12g waitin on weapons licencing who hasen't right!) of my own i have only just found this site trying to find place's to hunt in Queensland, As we can't shoot on crown land I've found it hard to find places were stupid people haven't shot up livestock or trashed there property and spoiled it for desent people who take the time and care of these places, So i joined this site hoping to meet some decent people who share in this great past time and have also started a group on Facebook called "Mount Isa Shooters" for local people and who ever has in interest in the north west to get together and share ideas and tips and hopefully get some friends and some place's to shoot which we all love too do!!!

Thank you for your time.

Gday, Jason. 38. Had a long break from shooting due to years of moving about but have gotten married, bought a house and now ive got some stability im going to get back into a sport and hobby that ive always enjoyed as a young fella growing up in the ISA.

Living and staying in Logan QLD. Got a couple of 22LR on order and therell be many more calabers to collect. But would like to get into shooting rabbits and fox when i can find some properties within a few hours drive.

what the...

Was going to ask a question but then figured chances of it being answered in THIS thread isn't high?

Was going to ask if anyone have any advice about which Belmont club to join?

There are 3 of us who will all be buying 22LRs, but down the track two of us will also get 223s...

Options appear to be:

Queensland Field and Rimfire Club (http://www.qldrifle.com) ?

SSAA (http://ssaabris.org.au) ?

Queensland Military Rifle Club (http://servicerifle.com.au/mambo) ?