G'day from - QLD

Hi All my name is cameron Iam 30 yrs young and have been shooting hunting since the age of 10.

I live just outside of Toowoomba Qld and Iam looking forward to meeting others into this fantastic game.

cheers

Was going to ask a question but then figured chances of it being answered in THIS thread isn't high?

Was going to ask if anyone have any advice about which Belmont club to join?

There are 3 of us who will all be buying 22LRs, but down the track two of us will also get 223s...

Options appear to be:

Queensland Field and Rimfire Club (http://www.qldrifle.com) ?

SSAA (http://ssaabris.org.au) ?

Queensland Military Rifle Club (http://servicerifle.com.au/mambo) ?

Gee Zennon, this is the second of your posts that I've replied to from this thread.

SSAA is OK, but they have bloody good burgers upstairs in the cafe. My missus and kids love em.

Cheers, Ross

Hey Thommo , go the 223 lol

. Zennon SSAA have clubs all over and lots of different interclub , State and National comps . Field rifle would be a great one for you and your mates to get into , Dont know the other club so cant comment there cheers

SSAA is OK, but they have bloody good burgers upstairs in the cafe. My missus and kids love em.

Cheers, Ross

Zennon SSAA have clubs all over and lots of different inter-club, State and National comps. Field rifle would be a great one for you and your mates to get into, don't know the other club so cant comment there cheers

Thanks guys - the three of us decided to join the Field and Rimfire Club (QRA) for now. Can always change later..

Cant wait to get my rifle!

Personally want to get a Savage MkII TRR-SR (like the tactical look)*

Not sure what the missus and my brother will get. Probably something cheaper...

Savage, Marlin, etc

*Having said that - what is legal in Aus?

I have seen all kinds of crazy looking 22's on the american forums but looking at cleavers / qld gun exchange, I assume you can't buy them here??

G'day all,

I'm 48 been hunting since I was 10, I live in Airlie Beach and I shoot mostly close to home...I own a 270 win, a 22-250 win and a 410 shotty I load with slugs.....I've just a got a bull arab pup I'm keen to hunt with....I hunt with my twin boys too but they're not so hot as the dog .......

Hellier

Guest Kym Custance

G'day all, just shooting with an air rifle for starters, might get something more serious later. what i'm hoping to find out is , where would be the nearest place to Brisbane that i could hunt bunnies without any problems. And is there a specific season time you can hunt them? Any imput would be greatly appreciated.. Kym

Hey guys,

My name's Preston. I'm 19 years old. I live in South East Queensland. I'm in my third year of a psychology major. My Catagory A/B firearms license application is sitting on somebody's desk, perhaps someday they'll process it.

Just stumbled across this forum. Looks like a bit of a treasure trove of information. Looking forward to learning plenty from you all.

Hope we get along swimmingly.

Regards,

Preston

Hi

Name is Rich

Long time paper shooter, decided to start hunting, from a perspective of ethical food gathering, and just getting outdoors. Rifle of choice is a Marlin 45/70.

Hoping to pick up many tips on hunting equipment and field dressing game for the table.

cheers

Rich