G'day from - QLD

Hi All from sunny Mount Isa,

I havent been shooting for about 30 yrs , kids, career, divorces, mortgages, marriages, kids, mortgages, etc and living in suburbia having kept me distracted and out of the loop for that time, now settled in the North West and looking to make the most of the region as I didnt just move here to work!

I have started the ball rolling on the Firearms license, and am starting to get some feelers out for properties that will allow an old bloke to wander around and help keep a few ferals at bay and add to the larder at the same time, hopefully the odd oinker or so will keep me happy, apparently they are quite prolific around these parts.

We used to chase rabbits and foxes etc when I was young with the old man and grandfather, using mainly 22's and 222's, and the grandfather always had his old service 303 should anything of substance come along, that was before the big amnesty and they both decided to hand over their wepons and that unfortunately closed the door to shooting pretty much from then untill now.

I will most likely start the pestering questions of what has probably been asked a hundred times already, so I will appologise up front and it its too much just tell me to POQ :thumbsu:

Oh I fish (my wife says too much) and camp too.

Cheers Glen

I will most likely start the pestering questions of what has probably been asked a hundred times already, so I will appologise up front and it its too much just tell me to POQ

Cheers Glen

G'day glen, it's a hunting forum mate shoot away! A fella here at work came from Isa about 3 year ago, said its very hard getting on anywhere around there! But put in the leg work you never know! Goodluck, welcome back to the wonderful world of hunting!!

G'day glen, it's a hunting forum mate shoot away! A fella here at work came from Isa about 3 year ago, said its very hard getting on anywhere around there! But put in the leg work you never know! Goodluck, welcome back to the wonderful world of hunting!!

Thanks mate,

Apparently it's who you know up here that is the key to access, I think it may be a case of the close by stations being bitten once too often, so a bit of travel out further never killed anyone except the lazy buggers who probably spoilt the local stations.

Hey Aus Hunters, I'm getting back into shooting for the third time (Army, Qld A/B/H licences until they lapsed a few years ago, and now A/B again. I'm a Uniting Church minister in a country town outside Brisbane. When I ask around, there don't seem too many of us in the shooting fraternity :thumbsu:

I have a couple of .22LRs, a Browning pump and a Norinco bolt, and I'm picking up a Marlin 336 in 30-30 on Saturday. The 30-30 is for hunting pigs. Now I just need to find a property.

Hi all, I live near Toowoomba, have not done much shooting for many years, not had the time. Hope to get the kids into it soon as they are reaching that age. I am a real deer fanatic and have noticed numbers gradually increase over the last 20 Years or so. The last time I hunted deer was in areas wher they were little more than a rumour and rarely sighted. I'm in the same boat as everyone else, to find a property to hunt on!

Hi all, I live in Logan and shoot at Belmont SSAA with my son. Came from a farm in central QLD. Looking to get back into the hunting game.

I also do compound bow shooting.

g'day form the sunshine Coast Qld

been out of the game for a few years but miss the bush hunting and fishing so bad. My 16 year old son keen to get out there too. Used to shoot rabbits fox and pig with rifle and bow and arrow but very keen to get into hunting deer for meat. Does anyone know of a property where you can hunt red deer , Jima Kilcoy Nanango etc. willing to pay reasonable rate for the priviledge.

G'day all :) just a little about myself... My name is James and I've just got my cat a&b here in Queensland. I've never shot a rifle before and still haven't had a chance to get out to the range and have a crack at it and hope to eventually find a place to go hunting.

Looking forward to reading up on the forum and getting to know you guys & girls :)

Regards, James