G'day from - QLD

Hi all, just moved to Townsville keen to meet hunters and new friends in the north, come from the vic/nsw border town of Mulwala, loving nth qld though! Keen to get on the pigs and the chitel deer! And maybe have a crack at the barra!

Hi To All

New here obviously, I started hunting when I was about 7yrs old with my old man back in Vic. Almost all 12 gauge, duck, foxes, bunnies etc, but have not done so for a very long time, probally 23yrs or so. So I would consider my self a born again hunter :thumbsu:

Only in the process of getting my liscence sorted and then decisions on what firearms, then learn to shoot all over again. Look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully get to meet some, and you never know I may even get invited to tag along on some trips :camp:

So be kind I am very green.

Cheers

Gav

Hi, New to shooting just applied for minors license

G'day Ben

So we have something in common mate :thumbsu: Good luck with getting your liscence and let us know how you go, and I will keep you informed on how I go.

Cheers

Gav

G,day,

my name is Gavin I live in Townsville and have done for 20 something years, my sons and I love getting out and chasing the local fish and feral animal population. It is difficult to find hunting areas close to town and as a result drive long way to get to our hunting spots but we give the fish around here a hard time when we can, Happy hunting everybody.

G'Day,

Nate from Brisbane here (40).

Keen Bambi hunter and always aim to eat what I shoot (except of course for the odd fox). :)

Anyways, have an off road rig sorted and a number of medium calibers ready to go when you are!

Keen to meet like minded people and unfortunately can count the number of hunters & land owners I know on one hand. ;(

PM me anytime.

Hi Guys i am from New Zealand i am currently living in Tully because of the off season with hunting in Nz. i am a hunting guide and take out hunters for free range, tahr, chamoi, reds, fallow, sika, pigs, goats back in nz. would be good to meet up with some local hunters round here and go out for a fish or organize a hunting trip for pigs or chital, i am mad keen on bowhunting and wildlife photography. Cheers Tom

Hi guys! I'm a 24yo North Qld girl originally from townsville, now living down near proserpine. I'm a diesel mechanic, i was raised on a lychee farm and I love to hunt pretty much anything that's available (but my favorite is pigs!) My preferred method is guns although I dont actually own any yet, license application is in, been using my dad's guns since I was little. I know how to use my dad's guns but I don't really know much about other types, calibers, optics, reloading, etc so I'm hoping to learn from the discussions on here and maybe ask some of my questions :-)

Hi guys! I'm a 24yo North Qld girl originally from townsville, now living down near proserpine. I'm a diesel mechanic, i was raised on a lychee farm and I love to hunt pretty much anything that's available (but my favorite is pigs!) My preferred method is guns although I dont actually own any yet, license application is in, been using my dad's guns since I was little. I know how to use my dad's guns but I don't really know much about other types, calibers, optics, reloading, etc so I'm hoping to learn from the discussions on here and maybe ask some of my questions :-)

Welcome kamanda, there's a good sub section with plenty of pig shooting activity. Enjoy the site, I'm sure you'll get plenty of info here, hopefully even some hunting mates. Cheers

Welcome kamanda, there's a good sub section with plenty of pig shooting activity. Enjoy the site, I'm sure you'll get plenty of info here, hopefully even some hunting mates. Cheers

Yeah cheers I'll have to check out the pig section. I still have no idea what gun I wonna get first off, there's so many options! Hopefully all you guys can help me narrow it down. Hunting mates wild be awesome, I don't really have any at the moment and no access to properties near my place, my closest is 300kms away and the other is like 1000kms!

Hi everyone.

Late 30s here and currently stuck in Townsville.

Sold the rifles (CMC 22Hornet, 222Rem, 30/30 and the 308 Mauser) around 1997 due to pretty young thing not liking firearms and not wanting them in the house.

A few years later she did the bolt and I missed the bush- so i took up bow hunting. One things leads to another and I am currently going through the hoops to get re-licensed.

Tex.