G'day from - QLD

Yeah cheers I'll have to check out the pig section. I still have no idea what gun I wonna get first off, there's so many options! Hopefully all you guys can help me narrow it down. Hunting mates wild be awesome, I don't really have any at the moment and no access to properties near my place, my closest is 300kms away and the other is like 1000kms!

Can't beat the good old 30.30 for pig shooting, it's my go to calibre it's yet to let me down. Proper shot placement and you have no worries.

300kms is pretty good, is that south ? North? Plenty of pigs up around there!

Can't beat the good old 30.30 for pig shooting, it's my go to calibre it's yet to let me down. Proper shot placement and you have no worries.

300kms is pretty good, is that south ? North? Plenty of pigs up around there!

Yeah I was thinking about a 30-30, its the only caliber I've had any experience with n I know it's great but on the other hand I kinda wonna try something different ya know. I was thinking of just picking a lever action out at the gun shop, whatever they have that looks good n isn't too pricey and saving for a Winchester 70 extreme weather (probably in 308) and a decent quality scope. I've never really had a bolt action or scope so that's all new to me. So far the Winchester is the only one I've seen that's really jumping out at me but I'm open to suggestions...?

Your right 300km isn't REALLY all that far but it's a bit far for just a morning or evening hunt, more of a overnight trip. It's north from me, my place is near proserpine n this property is near townsville. I actually go there alot (its my sis-in-laws place) cause I work week on-week off in townsville n usually call in on the way up or down. It's only about 70 acres but they have tons of pigs so I can't wait to get a gun n get amongst it!

Tex.

Hi everyone.

Late 30s here and currently stuck in Townsville.

Sold the rifles (CMC 22Hornet, 222Rem, 30/30 and the 308 Mauser) around 1997 due to pretty young thing not liking firearms and not wanting them in the house.

A few years later she did the bolt and I missed the bush- so i took up bow hunting. One things leads to another and I am currently going through the hoops to get re-licensed.

Tex.

Mate that way a silly move, never give up your guns for a peice of fluff!! Instead find a woman that likes guns :-P anyway welcome! What part of townsville you in?

Mate that way a silly move, never give up your guns for a peice of fluff!! Instead find a woman that likes guns :-P anyway welcome! What part of Townsville you in?

Yeah- but at least I learnt something from it.. I'd rather have a lever action than leg action. Shame it took so many years to realise it. :P

Currently- I'm in Gulliver. But there is possibility of a move out to Jensen/Black River way. Wait and see how that all pans out over the next few months I guess.

Thanks for welcome.

Cheers,

Tex

Sent using a piece of wet string between 2 paper cups.

Yeah- but at least I learnt something from it.. I'd rather have a lever action than leg action. Shame it took so many years to realise it. :P Currently- I'm in Gulliver. But there is possibility of a move out to Jensen/Black River way. Wait and see how that all pans out over the next few months I guess. Thanks for welcome. Cheers, Tex Sent using a piece of wet string between 2 paper cups.

Black River's good, that's where I grew up, my parents got 108 acres up there

Hello everyone, Hugh from CQ here.

I run the southern part of a family grazing business and as such most of my shooting is work related although my wife claims it is past work related and becoming an obsession :unsure:

I am starting to get back into reloading and about todo up a couple of old firearms that need some TLC

Cheers

How's it going? Tim 26 north side of Brisbane, Looking for new home!

I'm another orphan from shoot ing dot com.au from which that forum was closed due to a uncalled for lawsuit with the end result of the forum being shutdown. Shame really.

Aushunt stood out giving the fact that the forum covers so many forms of hunting and recreation that we as Australians all enjoy!

I'm more of a fisherman but also a shooter. Mainly shoot on private property in the Woodford area.

Hopefully I'm welcome.

Cheers guys/girls

Hello, name is Christian

Like hunting for pigs, goats, foxes and rabbits.

Started hunting and shooting at 14.

Love the outdoors and a good hunting or fishing trip

Hi Everyone, Aaron & Kristy from up here at Moranbah. I'm 39 she's 37 and we are both ex ADF so we decided to get our shooter's licences and do some shooting at a friends property. Mainly feral 'eradication' and some targets here and there. Don't own any rifles yet, but looking at a pair of .223's and maybe either a .243 or .270, plus maybe a 22LR and air rifle for the kids to learn on.

Cheers...

Howdy!

New shooter from Sunshine Coast in QLD.

Got my A/B category. Got my SSAA membership. Am in the process of getting my H category.

Ido target shooting at the local pistol club but also take my Savage BTV .22lr out to the SSAA ranges and have a good ol' plink from time to time.

I have a strong appreciation of what our hunters do for this continent and Im looking forward to learning much more about it.

Good times ahead.

J.

Hi guys

I'm stuart, currently living in Townsville NQ, though soon to be the sunny coast. Been hunting when I can get the chance for the last few years, mostly shooting but I love to get out with dogs when I can as well. I herd about this forum from a friend and thought I'd check it out, must say it's looking great so far.

Cheers

Hello all from Gold Coast 31 yrs old been shooting since 15 really starting to get into going out west hunting for the feral pests love to meet like minded ppl organise a hunt some time soon ,rifles of choice ruger .308 marlin 30/30 12 gauge side by side and can't forget the old 96/22 lever good to see forums like this are alive and well happy hunting

G'day all, l'm from the gold coast, another Mexican from vic, been up here 20yrs, been hunting from the age of 10 or so, bit hard to remember my first shoot now l'm 43.

Love to be out bush when the job and family allows it. My shooters are .17hmr savage, .22 lakefeild, 12g bioto single brl, .223 browning blr, .270 weatherby and bear legion bow. The Mrs loves to shoot to and also has a bear outbreak compound bow.

Hope to drop in every now and then for a read and a laugh.

hey stuy, heard we got a big 90 kg boar at the neighbours station the other night? my bitch got it with max from Evan....got another small one at the valley.....