G'day from - QLD

G'Day all,

Some info on me

Name: Goin by the name Kia, most my social group ain't keen on my hobbies.

Living Area: Brisbane, Queensland

Background: Used to hunt a lot of small game, do ratting and general helping out on farms. I was deadly to small game within 10 meters with a recurve bow back then. Moved to the big smoke back in 2012 and now mid 20's and missing being out after game and putting food on a plate. Nothing beats campfire cooking.

Looking to: Wanting expand my knowledge around the hunting laws for QLD and NSW. Leads for range/practice  & shooting buddies, hunting buddies, mentors, land to hunt on are welcome.  Would be grateful for any advice given. Been out of the loop for so long and lost a lot of contacts I'm pretty much green again.

Will always be happy to cook some rabbit stew and damper over the fire. And have a chat and cold one after a days hunting.

Game Hunting: Rabbit, goat, would really like to move up to deer one day. Pig is starting to tempt me

Looking at saving up for a new bow maybe a small cal' - any recommendations?

Feel free to give me a pm or send me an email (check emails more often) kiayugen@gmail.com . Looking to chat with more people.

Happy Hunting to all

Edited by Kia

Hi all just started back into shooting after about 15 year break bought 70 acres near Gladstone 18 months back have a few wild dogs to deal with and just bought first rifle since starting back its a Weatherby Vanguard 25/06 hope to be able to get to the range as enjoy a bit of compertition..

Hi all. My name is jason and i live in brisbane.

I have been shooting for 5yrs and hunting for 2yrs. Love the outdoors, hiking and to strap on my tikka or marlin 30-30 to my back.

I hunt in kilcoy and new south wales state forrests.

What i want is for qld to bring out R liscence like our southern neigbours!

Cheers

Hi All,

Living Area: Brisbane, Queensland

Background: Long time target/comp shooter with both pistol and rifle, and hunt occasionally out West in QLD

Game Hunting: Rabbit, Foxes, Pigs, Deer (but unfortunately not many in QLD unless you have friends in the right places:( )

Hunting Calibres: .22LR, .300BLK, 6.5Lapua, .308WIN, .300WM

Happy and SAFE hunting to all.

Hi

older guy been into all types of shooting, fishing, camping since young. Grew up in Toowoomba in 70s and 80s and always had properties to go to, family pass time. 
Moved to Gold Coast 20 years ago, with kids etc and extra distance was out of it for quite a while but last few years been getting back into it, mostly range time pistols and rifles. 
Now son 23 and also into shooting and outdoors, looking to get back into hunting. 

26 minutes ago, Fred63 said:

Hi

older guy been into all types of shooting, fishing, camping since young. Grew up in Toowoomba in 70s and 80s and always had properties to go to, family pass time. 
Moved to Gold Coast 20 years ago, with kids etc and extra distance was out of it for quite a while but last few years been getting back into it, mostly range time pistols and rifles. 
Now son 23 and also into shooting and outdoors, looking to get back into hunting. 

I lived in Coomera for seven years Fred and Karumba for 1/2 a year  and I can say that the hunting opportunities on the GC are limited unless you really know someone.

Hey guys, 

A little info on me

Name: Callum 

Living in North side brisbane

Background: No friends or family into shooting, just trying to get into hunting myself. Had my license for a year and a half.

Calibres: 22lr, .243 and just got approved for a 12g

You could try contacting Australian Deer Association branch of Pumicstone via their Facebook site or even Mary Gympie branch or Brisbane Branch. Can visit their meeting as non member. There is branch and state hunts through out the year plus some branches do mentor hunts for likes of yourself. Yes being Qld will cost for access fee to land owner and fee for any deer shot. Plus as ADA national member you can contact other branches and see if can join in on their activities/hunts. Qld member have attended Victorian branch hunts and then spent rest of week down there as $75 you can buy a licence to hunt a heap of crown land down there

There Gold Coast Game Hunters club, do a net search as that's all I know about them as well. Never been meeting or meet a member myself.

Glenfiddich  Hunting Club is another you could do a net search  and near you.

Ssaa group called CWM, google up their Qld branch. Will help you develop skills to join in their projects.

RIDGE group do a ballot for Red deer each year for March/April

See if any of that may suit yourself

• Like 2

Afternoon all,

Living in Central QLD, worked with guns in my previous career but have now got the hunting bug. Just need to double my income to afford more gear and find a property over run with slow moving game a friendly farmer wants taken care of.

Howzit going. 

Luke here, From Mackay QLD, 

not new to shooting but new to hunting. Looking for any advice on hunting pests, how to track and what is the best conditions to hunt pigs. 

any information is great. 

Hello all

Thomas here from Brisbane, QLD, I'm 30, never owned a Gun until now and I only shoot targets at the moment, have a 22LR and am about to buy a .223REM, I want to do Hunting but never have; I've joined AUSHUNT to start learning about it all and hopefully develop some connections to people and places that will allow me to start the Adventure that I've heard hunting is

Thomas