G'day from - QLD

On 11/12/2020 at 7:51 PM, Wildfella said:

Hello, I’m 29 and live 30kms inland from Noosa. I hunt red deer mostly for meat and hopefully a double six eventually. I also chase pigs with my dog. I have shot mainly with my 270win, but lately I’ve been having good success with my Howa 308. I live on 100acres so I hunt a lot. I also do pistol shooting and like to smash a few clays every now and then. Looking forward to talking to some fellow hunters,

cheers

Hey mate, we'd all like to hear about your hunts and see some photos eh? I love red deer.

G'day, 

I've been hunting for a few years and am wanting to get into it a bit more this year. 

Chasing deer, pigs, foxes and rabbits mainly, and prefer to take animals I can eat or use some of the hide, etc. 

I love my 243 and wouldn't mind getting another nicer version of the calibre. 

22 and 308 round out my small collection.

I'm based southside Brisbane. 

On 24/1/2007 at 12:51 AM, AusHunter said:

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi All

Live Brisbane Southside

Grew up hunting rabbits, foxes and ducks.

Work got in the way many years ago and looking to get back into hunting and camping again in the near future

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Canadian, visiting the Queensland area until mid-December. Just landed two days ago. I would be very keen to link up with anybody interested in hunting feral deer in the region, or if someone has land I could hunt on independently. I am 33 in excellent fitness and no stranger to a good sufferfest. My experience is in the Canadian rockies with bow and rifle for black bear, mountain goat, elk and deer. Maybe a bit of a longshot but I figured it is worth putting out there.

I do not have an australian firearms license nor a firearm here, but my understanding is bows cam be owned and used here without licensing? I am happy to purchase one for my stay if I can find some worthy land to hunt on.

Cheers,

Delaney.

Edited by delaney
  • Like 1

G'day all,

Tim here, I live in the Warwick area and I'm 44 years old.

I've been hunting from my early teens till late 30's, had a bit of a break for a few years due to life commitments. getting back into it recently.

I mainly hunt deer, pigs and wild dogs. 

Mostly hunt with a rifle but would love to get back into bow hunting. favorite caliber is probably 30-06 followed closely by 270win. 

I also love reloading. 

• Like 2