G'day from - QLD

hiya all

my name is andrew, and i grew up busting bunnies with a lithgow 22, soon graduated to centrefires.

I developed a love for the fast stepping rounds, got rid of the rifles (women)played with pistols, shooting ipsc. Govt got the pistols. So back to the fast stepping paddock pizza makers

I do hope i can contribute something

most of you guys have probably forgot what i know

cheers

andrew

g,day 2 all bob here ,live on northside brisbane ,been hunting 4 30years , enjoy all forms of hunting particularly bowhunting been a bit inactive last 3 years but practice lots & extremely keen , best trophy 100point buff with bow ,good hunting folks

Edited by bobbybarra

Hi my name is Jarrad, I'm 21 and i love hunting... everything about it is great. I am lucky enough to have access to a few properties and love to go hunting with my brother and mates. Together we have all got a goat or two each (lol) pigs and my brother jus recently shot a fallow buck. I have hunted with my trusty .243 BSA rifle for most of my hunting life, as well as a .22 WMR, .22 lr both for bunnies. My mate has a Tikka T3 Lite in 22-250 and jus bagged his first pig on a recent trip. I would love to hunt more but sadly need to work.

Good luck hunting everyone and have fun in the outdoors

Edited by Red .243

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi all

My names Craig im 27 and have recently come over from NZ in December and am keen to dabble in a bit of hunting, pigs(especially), deer interest me. Have been a few times back in NZ but not enough to call me a hunter. Currently living and working in Brisbane, and would love to tag along with anyone keen to take me.

Cheers Craig

Hi, I'm Matt.

I've been hunting since I was a kid. This sort of accelerated when I started bow hunting 12 years ago.

But I never seemed to get to do as much as I wanted

I moved to NZ a couple of years ago and got into some serious kiwi hunting after deer with my 270 win.

I just love the challenge, and I don't want it to be easy. I like to get to know people who

understand ethical, real hunting -- people who understand their chosen prey and hunt intelligently -- who put in

the hard yards -- and hunt to enjoy putting the meat on their table (or their families table).

Success is secondary to the experience of getting out there with a pack on your back, and hauling it and your rifle into the

mountains, navigating by compass well away from any tracks, and pitting yourself against the animals with no "mechanized" advantages.

I'm back in Aus now, away from those mountains of NZ -- and I must confess to feeling a bit lost!

Rifles -- well I only own one. I practice with it a lot, and want to be a top offhand snap shot with it -- though a

Sako 75 is not exactly the best tool for that. Good rifle, but too heavy.

The wish list:

1. An 8 point sika of "representative" class. On my wall where my animal liber Mum will have to sit under it to have a

cuppa when she visits (just bein' cheeky, love ya Mum). Fair chase, open range, no wire -- preferably taken by myself.

2. A monster samba - on same wall

3. A monster Wapiti - as above.

4. I want to burn the barrel out of my sako 270 by using it too much and rebarrel and re-chamber it to something

catchy like a 280 RCBS. I work on the barrel-wearing-out thing as often as I can.

5. I want a "scout" type rifle, as per J Cooper's ideas. Short barrel, handy shooter with a low mag scope set forward

to allow shooting with both eyes open (good target acquisition, fast), short action in 7 mm08. This would be a great North Island rifle for those sika trips or any other deer -- might be pushing it for samba. The styre ones might be alright -- but I am not sure about styer mannlicher. Might be able to build something similar from a remmington model 7 -- but not control feed.

6. A blaser R 93 with three barrels 8 X 68, 280 rem, and 22-250

7.A custom long range rifle, on a very strong custom action, in some appropriate calibre (7mm saum?)

Anyway, looking forward to some good chats.

Matt

Hi all, as you can see from my forum name i'm Dave and i'm 22 and from Brisbane. First time shooting was when I was about 12 with a 22 pistol, and then again when I was about 15 I spent an afternoon at an indoor shooting range trying everything from 22 up to the 'dirty harry' magnum revolver. But I've always had more of an interest in rifles and have been keen to start shooting for a long time now. I've only been shooting for about 3-4 months now, as I live pretty close to the Belmont shooting range and have a few mates that shoot and have been showing me the ropes.

I am waiting for my license to come any day now, then to purchase my first rifle, after trying a lot I think I'm going to go with the Tikka T3 .223 I haven't had the chance to go hunting yet but have plans to as soon as I get my license and own rifle. Till then it's the shooting range and trying as many as my mates guns as I can to experience different calibers and models etc.

Cheers,

Dave

hi live in brisbane, i do most of my hunting in nsw.

i have been hunting for the past 8 years, love piggin and only use dogs

and have a shot every now and then

i own a 308pump action and a 223 tikka

Hi Craig's the name and am keen on getting into the pigs, from NZ and been a couple of times back there. So if you ever need someone to tag along give me a yell, am keen as.

Cheers

Craig

Hello, my name is Daniel im 25. Been shootting for 9 years. Looking to bag some bunnies!. The property I do have acces to doesnt have many rabbits anymore, that and the grass is to long. So if anyone can offer me a place to shoot would be very appreciative. Thank you.

gday every one

jeffs the name

piggins my game

i live in taroom 300k sw of rocky

160k nth of miles

i hunt pigs with dogs

and shoot everything else

cheers jeff

Hey Jeff, You dont hunt with that ned hay do ya... i heard his dogs are no good... or what.

G'Day All.

I'm 28 and currently living in Springfield Lakes (near the army range). I got my licence a couple of years back, because I wanted an Air Rifle for shooting Rats & Mynahs at my parents property. Nobody else in my family had firearms.

Anyway, I caught the bug and the air rifle became a 22, 22 Mag, 223 Rem, 30-30 and growing :)

Now I'm reloading for the 223 and the 30-30 too, and i've started casting bullets for the 30. I've also got one scattergun, the trusty 410 which I have taken dozens of Hares and Rabbits. Now with the prices of 410, i've started reloading those too!

What is happening to me?? Oh, and now my dad, mum and sister all have their licence as well! :)