G'day from - QLD

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi i am mark 34yr old from southern goldie. Mainly shoot at the sporting ssaa ranges and pistol club, keen to get into the pig hunting scene as i just bought a 44 mag lever. Great short range lever. love it

hi,

names jarren, am 24, living on southside of brisbane, am a member at ssaa belmont.

i have an air, .22, .243, .410 and 12g u/o.

used to hunt as a kid in vic and am keen on starting again.. just need to find some contacts/properties..

cheers - jarren

just the standard intro

john , most call me johno a few call me jack ,a couple call me dad , one calls me granddad and some call me other things

i am SEQ on the border , have been shooting for almost 40 years i suppose , long time back very casually on the range at belmont , then as a part of my income ,in the late 80s early 90s ( skins ), then not much at all for the last 10 or 12 years just getting the urge to shoot again though not as a pro this time getting to old for that .

joined or joining several forums to do a bit of reading on the latest gear and see what is happening on the hunting scene these days ,

see ya around ,

Hello guys , I live in Hervey Bay QLD , came up from Melb 14yrs ago , was a pro rabbit fox shooter for many years had the Werribee board of works contract in the 70s and dogged pigs in the off season in NSW with a family of dogs I developed based around Bull Terrier x Greyhound , went to the states in the 80s and imported the first American Pitbull Terriers into Aus and concentrated on those for 20 yrs , my last old male died and Ive decided to get back into the piggen , a life long buddy kept the old pig dog bloodline going and Ive got some pups on the way , I want to combine what Ive learned from Pitbulls and enfuse that into the old line and have some fun catching pigs like I did over 30 yrs ago , still pretty fit but it will sort me out some :) Im sure , really looking forward to getting into the bush again with a dog and a knife .

Looking forward to chatting with you guys

Rod

Hi there people.

Just found this forum when looking for " duck hunting dogs" on google. As today when I got home from work my wife told me that our dog (wolfhound x bullarab x mastif nearly 2 years old) went to the dam in our neighbours dam and caught a duck, took its head off and brought the body home for us. She has had no hunting training, is this a normal thing? We have been thinking about selling her as we teather her ( when not home) as the fences arnt good here and close to a hwy.

Edited by adzz

Hi all

A brief bibliography name JACKO hale from NSW now in Bundy, been hunting (rifle, shoty and bow) since 16yoa, more inclined to bow hunt these days though.

Live a simple life comfortably predictable the way i like it.

hey guys, im new here. my name is juan 22yrs old, im from brisbane... enjoy hunting with a few of my mates who are also on this site. would also like to get into piggin with dogs.

thanks heaps