G'day from - QLD

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Gudday All, I'd be lying if I said I read all of those, but I figure I'll get to know you as we go.

I'm 32, married, two kids (7yo boy & 2yo girl). Living on the Gold Coast.

Been shooting since first shot at school camp with a .22 at age 11. Guns are my main passion, I'm in to all forms of shooting, but recently stopped shooting pistols, and am leaning more toward hunting with rifles at the moment.

I enjoy hunting ferals, at the moment bunnies get knocked over while I spend the most time looking for predators. Love pig hunting but never get a chance. Not really incilned to hunt deer myself, but think it's a valid persuit for those that are.

My only property is 3 and a half hours away in Stanthorpe, and the nearest range over an hour away, so with family and work, I don't get to shoot very often. Talking about it will have to suffice.

Hello all!

Name: Luke

Living Area: Bundaberg, Queensland

Background: Done a bit of pig shooting, but only just getting my license now.

Game Hunting: Rabbit, Fox, Pigs

Calibres: .223 Ruger on order (waiting for my license) Fitted with Nikko Sterling Target Master. Also will be purchasing a 30-06, and 12 gauge from my brother once my license arrives.

Just thought I would drop a line and say G'day. I am very keen to hunt the sneeky Red Fox. Nothing like doing your part for Australian Flora and Fauna and enjoying yourself, and teaching a young fella how to be a safe and responsible hunter!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and possibly organizing some hunts down the track!

Safe shooting everyone!

:ph34r: Hi All. Im Jack from SE Queensland, been hunting all my life, am now 66. Mostly deer, pigs (although am getting on a bit to be rolling my own any more), but still love to get out there. Originally from NZ where I spent 35 years, and 15 of those were as Commercial Shooter for Venison and Pork Recovery. Would love to hear from those near and far but local to Withcott/Toowoomba would be great.

Hi everyone, I'm Andrew from the Gold Coast and I've been hunting for around 15 years. I hunt mostly pigs, sometimes goats etc with my dogs (Catahoula Leopard Dogs) although my cattle dog aint half bad. Do a little bit of shooting but I prefer the dogs. I try to get out hunting as often as I can which is hard with work but sometimes work can wait. It will always be there tomorrow.

Edited by Currant Catahoulas

G'Day people names Corey and im 17, just gettin into pig doggin. Been shooting rifles since 10 or 11 only target, havent hunted till bout a month ago with a mate and his bows. Had a heap of fun, and him and his dad are more into piggin with their two dogs. So will head out with him hopefuly soon, just lookin for a pup to train up, been lookin for one just as a mate for a while but i might start lookin for one that will hopefully one day make a good allrounder.

Cheers

Corey