G'day from - QLD

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Edited by blue 51

I live in Ontario Canada. I have a married daughter who lives in Sydney. We're coming to visit in Jan. I thought I would like to try a little hunting in that area if I could. I joined this web forum to try to to pick up whatever info I could. Here I have successfully hunted moose whitetail deer not so much bear along with waterfoul smallgame & predators & pests with regular firearms blackpowder & some archery. Here we have one licence for every type of game. So I will just scan the forums see what I can pick up. good luck and keep your powder dry.

Hi guy's from Mackay, QLD.

After many years i have just bought my first gun, Ruger 77/22 wmr. had a couple of trips to the local range but trying to find someone with some acres & some bunnies, cats, fox's and some tin cans to shoot at. Looking forward to get me Dad out there with me for a long awaited shoot session ( about 20 yrs in the making ), If anyone out there can help with this, it would be much apreciated!

36 yr old with license (obviously).

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi, I am from the UK and I am interested in pig shooting and pig hunting with dogs. I am a shooter and I am wanting to get in touch with someone that could tell me more and questions that i could ask such as when is the best time to go? Hope you can help.

Many Thanks Mark

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'Day All.

I'm Tony. I'm what some might describe as a queen street farmer. started shooting when i was 8 with a model 4 Winchester .22.

Didn't do much shooting during the 90's but have got back into it in the past few years since starting my farm project.

I became re-licensed (occupational) to shoot wild dogs on my farm but in the process became a fan of range shooting. I am about to start reloading my own.

Keen to do some hunting trips for ferals if anyone is up for it. I have all my own equipment and 4x4.

Hi, My name is Lyn and my husband live near Toowoomba and I are just getting into hunting, We have done a little bit of it in the past but always using other peoples gear! We now have our gun licences and shortly will have our own guns etc. We have friends on properties out near St george and plan to visit them in march for a look around. We have a 4 month old Mastiff/Dane pup who hopefully will be as keen to catch pigs as we are!

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G day my name is Bruno im living in Cairns been out of the hunting seen for some time now.My wife Kylie and I are just getting back into it.curent riles Ruger 22 hornet ,Tikka 25 06 , Browning X bolt 270wsm , Tikka 338 wm ,and CZ 416 Rigby.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day all, Names Peter from just north of Brissie, been shooting since i was a kid and am forty eight now, have had a few times in between where i have not fired a shot in years.

However, with my boys at the stage of being independent, and a lot more time on my hands i am back shooting and hunting with a vengeance!, i shoot anything feral, but love the challenge of outwitting wild dogs.

Cheers.

hi all

i live in wamuran, aged 37, trademan sheety, currently building alloy plate boats for four and half years, ride dirt bikes, go four wheel driving ,camping etc......

have a wife and six kids in total.....took on four.......

hunting ....started when i was 15 years old, and now a days hunt on quads........

member of the p.e.t.a hunt team {Poeple Eating Tasty Animals} """"""""no just joking"""""............

hunt off the quad at night with rem 22/250 and daytime with a rem 270......

i also have done a little bit of bow hunting as well......

anyway i think that will do so i hope to hear from orthers and maybe go for a hunt one day........

cheers ash

Gidday lads

into all forms of hunting, mainly pigs from an early age. love doggin and shooting.

i shoot at ranges, including clay target, to better myself in the field. the missus loves it too.

have a handful of guns, and love using them all