G'day from - QLD

My name is Nick and I live on the southside of Brisbane.

I've been hunting for about 15 years but only seriously for the last 5. Most of my hunting is done around the New England area of northern NSW and I enjoy nothing more than some late afternoon bunny sniping with my .223. I look forward to taking my kids away with me as soon as my wife gives me permission.

Word

hi just starting to to find out about bow hunting as my son and i want to start it as a sport and need advice on whats apropriate to start . i myself grew up on hunting with rifles with my father around broken hill nsw mainly roos , rabbits goats , foxes and grunters havnt hunted for many years but my son is now coming of age and i feel he needs the skills . any advice on the matter of bow hunting would be much appreciated

G'day All,

I'm 27 and living in Toowoomba but started out hunting rabbits at the age of 8 in and around Tenterfield (NSW).

I love my little .22 but in recent years have added a .222 and then 30.06 to the collection.

I'm about to start my first batch of reloading and have joined here to learn a thing or two off others.

Cheers & happy hunting,

Pete.

G'day.

Nathan here, Live on the Gold Coast. Wish I could hunt more but Family and Work have slowed that down over the years.

Main Species hunted is Red Deer but will give anything a go.

Hi to qld and all

Moved here 15 mths ago and still have no idea where to go shooting use belmont a fair bit.

ruger 308 .270 and coach gun for back up. shooting since i was 13 years old and im eager just like my golf ! .. NOT

Enjoy what you do

cheers athomo

Gday, I'm Ben (23) from eastern suburbs Brisbane. Been into shooting for a few years now. Would like to get onto properties more but they're few and far between. I like shooting any feral/preblem animals - foxes, rabbits, cats, dogs, roos, pigs. Always keen to meet new people and hook up for a shoot. I shoot regularly at Belmont range with any of my following collection;

• Marlin 925 .22LR scoped
  • Winchester M70XTR .222 scoped
  • Martini Henry Cadet .32-20 original
  • Lee Enfield .303 (SMLE Mk3) scoped
  • Lithgow .303 (SMLE Mk3) original
  • Carl Gustaf M96 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser scoped

Look forward to getting stuck into this forum.

Cheers

Ben

hey all

name andrew

age 16

live in brissie

just getting into shooting been a few times to belmont SSAA and shot a few times with cadets

some mates go hunting every so often. went with them once. very fun. hope to get licence and go with them

G’day…I was born in ’52, got a slug gun for my 8th birthday, and apart from a couple of years backpacking around NZ and Europe, I’ve had rifles and hunted ever since…even for the 5 years I lived in LA. B)

I’ve done a bit of ‘commercial shooting’ at various times, some ‘roos in Western Qld, some venison recovery in NZ, culled a few goats in NZ, did possum skins there for a little bit (Cyanide)…never hard enough, or for long enough at any of 'em to put me off hunting as a hobby, fortunately! :D

Nowadays, apart from smacking cats or foxes, I really only shoot for my freezer...Sanglier (wild pork), Venaison (deer), Chevre (goat), Lievre (hare) and Lapin (rabbit), as the Frogs call 'em! (from Larousse Gastronomique...years in the restaurant business! :rolleyes: )

I’ve done some doggin’, but not for a while…have an Amstaff X dog with no experience, and a Bull Arab X bitch pup coming along, though. ;)

My safe currently holds rifles in .17Rem, .22lr, .22 Hornet, .222, .222RemMag, .22/250, .243, .25/303, .270, .38/40, 32/20, and .410 and 12ga shotguns. :lol:

Gun breeds I own are an Anschutz, Brno, Mauser, Sabatti, Sakos :P , Sauer :P , Savage and Winchesters… :)

Live in Brisbane, not very far from the Belmont SSAA range, where I sight in and test / chronograph loads…That’s about it for me! B)

Edited by edwennink

Name: John

New to Aushunt looking to meet people to go shooting and pigging with.

I also love 4WDriving, Utes, Cars, Circle work, drinking etc.

I live 5hrs north west of Brisbane in Wandoan.

If you wanna ad me to msn messenger go for it more friends the better

landcruiser_rodeo_ute@hotmail.com