G'day from - QLD

Hello everybody..

Short introduction...

Name: Tabz

Age 22

New to hunting and 4WDing, so please excuse any ridiculous questions i may ask.. So far, only have a scoped .22 (hopefully will have more soon), but have access to a large range, from shotties to 30/06.. Only been rabbit hunting so far, and looking forward to going after something bigger..

By the way, not sure how i got into the QLD section, unless there's a Melbourne in QLD that I dont know about??

Edited by Tabz

G'day everyone,

I'm dunndee, love to hunt pigs and have a great time doing it, with myself and the dogs. i've been pig hunting since i was 10 years old and i'm 25 at the moment. i'm currently looking for a new pig dog as i will be moving to the northern territory in a month. i'm after a ute finder of any breed or ####. top dollar for a proven dog. if any one can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated. happy hunting!

g'day all. im mitch, 20 years old from Laidley.... a small town not too far from toowoomba, been dogging pigs for about 2 years now with a bull arab x ridgeback and bully/cattlex bull arab ...... i hunt mostly out west in the goondiwindi area and a few local hit and miss spots around here.....

g-day to all new members

....cheers maddo....

G,day

My is greg i live deception bay north side of brissy Im into bowhunting pigs goats rabbits foxes .

But still having trouble getting on to some properties . So if any body can help would be good . i Grew up in the new englend ranges where the pigs grow bloody big . leave me a message ryano74 cheers .

G'day fellow Hunters!

Name: Jayson

I hunt all kinds of ferals - pigs, goats, cats, dogs, foxes and rabbits. Have bagged some deer too but rather shoot the real feral stuff. Normally travel to VIC for foxes and deer and around NSW for Goats etc. Am having some issues finding some properties around QLD for pigs at the moment, so if you are landowner who wants to cull some ferals drop me a line :)

Boom Boom sticks in the cabinet at the moment include 22 Magnum, 270 Ruger and Lee Enfield 303 - the arsenal is growing all the time!

Hope to hear from other keen hunters soon.

Cheers

Hi Everyone!

I am 25 and my partner is 24 and he is a keen pig hunter. He L-O-V-E-S hunting pigs with our dogs. We live in Ipswich and have just had our first baby, a beautiful, healthy little boy who is now 8 months old (it feels like only yesterday). We live on 2.5 acres just out of town with our little boy and 4 dogs! 2 of them are bull arabs, the other 2 are bull mastiff crosses, one of which, the eldest, is now retired from the sport - he is about 10 years old, and the youngest, she’s about 12 months now, is showing great potential. She is a feisty little bitch! One of our bull arabs is a utefinder and he is awesome! He’ll sniff them out anywhere. He is 2 but we have only had him since January. He has fit in really well, you would think we have raised him. We do, however, have to keep him and the eldest one apart as the eldest one is somewhat of a trouble maker (as bull mastiffs are). My partner goes hunting any chance he gets and will go at the drop of a hat! Only thing is, sometimes his mates can’t go due to family & work commitments. Therefore, we are always on the lookout for other guys interested in the same thing and new properties to hunt so please feel free to message me!

Oh I forgot to mention he is fully insured with ADPHA (Australian Pig Doggers and Hunters Association) and we run our dogs with trackers and collars.

Hi all

Russell here from Townsville. Only just moved up here

I have been hunting/shooting for around 5 years now

Since moving up here pig hunting with dogs has caught my attension.

Have never done it but it sounds like good fun. Am planing to put the gun's away for a bit and have a go at it my self

If there is anyone around here who is into pigging and can give me some pointers would love to here from ya.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi, thanks for the opportunity to join your forum. I have for sale Qld number plates HOG UTE. We have sold our ute and they would look pretty silly on the present car. Please email if you are interested in submitting an offer. Thanks Lin.

G'day,

My name is nate, 24 yrs old, live just north of brissie. I'm new to the sport, a mate of mines ex and her dad shoot roo's... very keen to give it a try. They broke up recently so going out for a run with them isn't an option anymore. I'm looking for a licenced shooter to take me out for a run with them in the near future, shot an aus-styre in the army cadets i'm abit of a natural with it, 20/20 first shoot after training, loved it too.

I'd like to get set-up and licened myself if I like it but i have 1 question first... can you legally shoot from a helicopter? I've been looking into getting my licence and a chopper, i've got no problem getting the finance for the chopper but i want to be able to justify spending that amount of money. Roo Shooting seems like a good one to me. Stable shooting platform + the ability to move over 100's of k's every night searching and shooting seems like a pretty good reason to fork out the cash. I wouldn't be buying it untill after I am sure i can make abit of cash ofcourse but kinda wanna know if it's possible.

Drop us a line if you have any idea, saves me calling the dpi haha.

Cheers,

Nate