G'day from - QLD

Hi All,

Robert from Brisbane, I've been shooting since I was eleven. Things went quite for about 8 years following the handover of my rifles in the 90's which were all semi automatics.

However I now have a 22lr and a 243 Remington in the gun cabinet.

Try to get out west Qld or northern NSW when I get a chance, but only been out once this year.

Happy Hunting.

Cheers

Robert

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi all dave here from palmwoods on the sunshine coast been out of shooting for a long while pre96 used to hunt rabbits, cats, dogs, foxes now looking to show my kids what there missing out on would also like to hunt some deer when i can find a happy hunting ground

cheers

dave..

Hi Robert, I too have come back to hunting after a long departure since the byback. I have just brought a 17 hmr, 243,12g sporter, 44mag lever and am deciding what get for the big power. At this stage i think it will be 30 06 pump or bolt, undecided as yet. Doing the research into these new guns is interesting. Cheers Harry H.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day all

Where are all the bow hunters?????

I've been involved with archery for the past 12 months and I'm keen to get into some bow hunting. I also have two sons who are keen to hunt but they have to improve their accuracy first.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some ideas about where to hunt in close proximity to Brisbane i.e. Brisbane Valley, Dayboro etc. I'm keen to do a bit of scouting first to check the lie of the land before heading off on the hunt.

I've checked out a few websites for hunting tours but they want to charge a fortune to kill a few ferals.

As mentioned, I live in the northern suburbs of Brisbane so any help in relation to suitable locations would be appreciated.

The good thing about bows is that you don't need a license and you can practice (safely) in your own back yard. (I have a very big back yard).

Cheers - PhilD

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi There

Just recieved my R-License and looking forward to some stateforests hunts after pigs.Have a 308 to do the damage.Bit confused about the maps for these forests and hoping to learn more on this site.

JOHN 30yo LIving in Wandoan in Country Qld. Online to meet new people and make new friends with other like minded people. If your interested drop me a message or add me to msn landcruiser_rodeo_ute@hotmail.com

Cheers and Plenety Of Beers