G'day from - WA

G'day all,

Just put the paper work through to get my licence, and open for any tips and tricks of shooting.

Now I'm trying to survive the harsh cool off and processing period, Anyone have some knowledge on how long that might be? Really excited to getting into shooting.

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting nic name you chose. You might want to change it if you don't want a lot of razzing by the other members.

I'm not sure how long it is currently taking, it has been hit and miss, since the new system came in last year.

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting nic name you chose. You might want to change it if you don't want a lot of razzing by the other members.

I'm not sure how long it is currently taking, it has been hit and miss, since the new system came in last year.

haha, probably, It's a really old chili peppers song guess not too many ppl would know that, ahwell.

Yeah I'm hoping for a month and a half wait, but it'll probably take longer. Was the old system generally faster?

haha, probably, It's a really old chili peppers song guess not too many ppl would know that, ahwell.

Yeah I'm hoping for a month and a half wait, but it'll probably take longer. Was the old system generally faster?

It did depend on who you were dealing with. If a good cop, then 28 days exactly. If not, then anything from 28 to whatever.

Hello,

From Perth here. I'm fairly new to shooting, definately something I want to get more involved with. Just picked up a Weatherby Vanguard in .223 and a CZ 452 Varmint in .22.

Just had to go through the whole original licence application. It took me a full 31 days from whem i submitted my application at Australia Post till i got my licence in the mail. I had them send out the letter to install the safe around day 20. I was fairly pleased with the service compared to stories i have heard.

Don't mind to play around with the .22 at the range but hunting is more the field i'd like to get into.

Edited by Adam89

Hi all have been shooting and hunting all my life, recently moved here from my home country Ireland where I done a lot of game shooting and hunting, there is a season for everything Sep - Feb I shot deer in some of the most beautiful green country known, the same season we had Pheasant shooting Duck shooting, during the summer months I would shoot rabbits at first light and late evening while during the day I would be out with my Red tail hawk, Harris hawk or one of the my falcons Gyr/saker, Gyr/pere and peregrine, and in the winter months before the game season I would shoot foxes as part of the vermin control system for the local gun club where I was vice secretary.

G'day where about are you boys situated, some of us may be able to throw a hunting trip out to ya's if we know your a local.

Or even just a beer and a chat, I'm allways up for a chat about hunting, fishing or offroading.

CHEERS , Brendan.

I'm north east of Perth.

G'day where about are you boys situated, some of us may be able to throw a hunting trip out to ya's if we know your a local.

Or even just a beer and a chat, I'm allways up for a chat about hunting, fishing or offroading.

CHEERS , Brendan.

I'm north east of Perth.

+1

And I'm south. Waaaayyy South.

:lol:

+1 on that.

You might be better off getting club support , even if it's a cheap single shot, then once you have a lic chase up farmers etc for property letters, Join the SSAA as it's good to show the cocky you have shooting related insurance.

If you show that you are a shooting club member and have insurance you may get the nod over some cold canvaser with nothing but a gun and a spotlight.

Hi All,

I've recently got back into guns and hunting through my In-laws. Don't get much time to go out these days but I squeeze in the odd weekend here and there shooting vermin on a variety of properties north and south of perth that we have access to. And once a year we head up to Station Country near the Canning Stock Route for a 14 day 4wd adventure with family and friends.

I have a Boito O/U 12G Shotgun and a Bruno CZ .22 which I find is versatile enough for me to join in the action. I've been playing around with rifled slugs through the smooth bore with good results.

Keen to glean some info off like minded people and share my knowledge and respect for this great state we live in.

Cheers,

Sabi

Edited by Kimosabi

Hi All,

I've recently got back into guns and hunting through my In-laws. Don't get much time to go out these days but I squeeze in the odd weekend here and there shooting vermin on a variety of properties north and south of perth that we have access to. And once a year we head up to Station Country near the Canning Stock Route for a 14 day 4wd adventure with family and friends.

I have a Boito O/U 12G Shotgun and a Bruno CZ .22 which I find is versatile enough for me to join in the action. I've been playing around with rifled slugs through the smooth bore with good results.

Keen to glean some info off like minded people and share my knowledge and respect for this great state we live in.

Cheers,

Sabi

How is Tonto :D

welcome newbies. Read, learn and contribute.

Thanks Beno. I think its a great forum so far. Been reading up on heaps of info and its been great. Apart from Club Shoots and the odd trip with my family, I don't get to talk much about guns/hunting with other people due to the stigma attached to hunters. I spose I just get sick of the arguments. So its a nice change to be able to speak freely and enjoy some good debate and learn from experienced people.

And Len ... Tonto is great but we lost Silver to Mondo Meats a couple of weeks ago. Not complaining, I'm just happy he went there versus the glue factory.

Cheers guys.