G'day from - WA

Just wondering, has anyone registered an additional firearm using the new Australia Post method? If so, how long did it take? I put one in a couple of weeks ago ... .22LR CZ Bruno

Just wondering, has anyone registered an additional firearm using the new Australia Post method? If so, how long did it take? I put one in a couple of weeks ago ... .22LR CZ Bruno

It took 9 weeks for my .22 pistol to go thru but the OIC was on holidays and nobody else could approve it until he came back, I then put in an application for a .22 CZ varmint for my son with both property letters as well as club support and it took 3 weeks, I put another application in for my TIKKA at 1.30 this arvo so it should be done by next week acording to the police minister, he stood up in parliament and told them that the average approval time is 3 to 5 days.

I would be ringing them up and chasing it up.

Hi all, been a hunter for 34 years now, started in NSW and ended up here in 1979, haven't looked back, great wife and two great kids.

I ran a gun shop in Maddington for a number of years and then had my own for awhile in Freo. Now I live in the country and get out for a hunt as much as I can...........whether I get anything does not really matter, in the end I just like being out there. happy hunting............Shooter50

Hi all, been a hunter for 34 years now, started in NSW and ended up here in 1979, haven't looked back, great wife and two great kids.

I ran a gun shop in Maddington for a number of years and then had my own for awhile in Freo. Now I live in the country and get out for a hunt as much as I can...........whether I get anything does not really matter, in the end I just like being out there. happy hunting............Shooter50

Welcome - what was the name of the shop that you ran in freo

Welcome - what was the name of the shop that you ran in freo

Hi len, the shop was Coastal Guns on South terrace and Orient street.

Shooter50

I thought that shop was run by Adrian Bajada I think that's you spell it :)

I was his partner when we first opened it....before that I managed WA Guns and Ammo

I was his partner when we first opened it....before that I managed WA Guns and Ammo

Ahh yes. WA Guns & Ammo. I bought my shotgun there. Harry was a good bloke. Too bad it is now closed. :( :(

Ahh yes. WA Guns & Ammo. I bought my shotgun there. Harry was a good bloke. Too bad it is now closed. :( :(

Yeah, WA Guns and Ammo was a great shop, a proper full on gun shop...........in other words guns lining the wallls, all the bits and pieces you needed as a hunter and a shooter, and a gunsmith to boot. They were the days, duck season and all! I was not there when Harry was there, I started with Geenie, Mark Green, when he opened the store in 1979. I was there for about three years from memory, then Coastal Guns then off overseeing sheep stations out near Wiluna. I diid love my time managing Greenies shop though, good time. He was a good bloke and died far to young.

Yeah, WA Guns and Ammo was a great shop, a proper full on gun shop...........in other words guns lining the wallls, all the bits and pieces you needed as a hunter and a shooter, and a gunsmith to boot. They were the days, duck season and all! I was not there when Harry was there, I started with Geenie, Mark Green, when he opened the store in 1979. I was there for about three years from memory, then Coastal Guns then off overseeing sheep stations out near Wiluna. I diid love my time managing Greenies shop though, good time. He was a good bloke and died far to young.

Yep those were the days. They were my closest shop for a long time, so got all my business. Except for the odd bit that went to Glen at WGS/Abcyl. Now days I mostly go to Abcyl or to Claremont's and Beatons every now and then.