G'day from - WA

Hi all I am from Coffs Harbour .......... Any info would be appreciated. Cheers

Posting in the 'Hello from NSW" thread would be a good starting point :D

Apart from that welcome, have a look around, stay away from Dann81, he likes fresh meat :ph34r:

It's not a matter of what bow is best, it's a matter of how well you can use it, like anything the tool is only half the story.

Hi all, have been shooting for a fair few years now around the wheatbelt area, I own a 22 mag, .243 ruger, polish mosin nagant 7.62 and a 8mm k98 Mauser. Currently live in Bunbury.

Welcome mate.

I'm in Manji. Been here nearly 9 years, but likely to be moving to Perth around Chrissy time.

any sandgropers interested in joining the WA branch of the Australian Deer Association (we have a committe, 30 members so far, 1st issue 'secret' newsletter already distributed etc) drop me an email at darren.monks@det.wa.edu.au.

while i like this site i can only rarely access it, so unfortunately can't respond to queries here.

if you google 'ada' you'll find all the info (a national body) and membership details etc.

Hi :)

I live in Secret Harbour and as yet I don't have any guns or other hunting implements. I'm looking to hopefully get some smallbore rifles to begin with and take it from there. I figured this would be a good place to start as forums generally are.

Cheers

Jay

G'day from another perth shooter

I used to live on a farm but then mum and dad broke up so moved to perth i am 13 and enjoy shooting. I go back to my grandads and shoot around every 3-4 weeks and go out twice each time

G'day all,

Working offshore in E. Kalimantan, Indonesia atm.

Living in Nth Metro Perth & new to the world of Hunting. Watching a little youtube about a year ago realised that I really enjoy all things hunting.

Due to firearms legislation in W.A. had never given it much thought & put it in the 'too hard' basket... Thats when I started looking into Bow hunting. Since then have brought myself a 60lb Alpine Nitrous & started practising also been watching a ton of Hunting DVD's Bow Hunting, Firearm, Big game, Birds, Varmints Loving it all!!!

Have contacted a Shooting club with a view to learning to shoot, a few mates have granted access to properties, initially for Bow Hunting & hopefully a bit of shooting in the future. Looking to sell the Sports car in the next few months & get a 4wd, start seeing the world so to speak!

Look forward to soaking up some knowledge & meeting some good people on the forum :)

Best regards to all.

Your welcome to come check out our club whenever you want, we are out the back of Wanneroo near the race track, we shoot metal sillhouette ( air rifle, rimfire rifle, centrefire rifle,rimfire pistol and centrefire pistol), sporting clays, service rifle and pistol, South African hunting and 500m fly, and we may be getting action match pistol up and going soon.

http://www.prmsc.org.au/

Contact me or post up here if'n you want a look around, I'm sure me or one of the boys can accommidate ya for a few shots.

Your welcome to come check out our club whenever you want, we are out the back of Wanneroo near the race track, we shoot metal sillhouette ( air rifle, rimfire rifle, centrefire rifle,rimfire pistol and centrefire pistol), sporting clays, service rifle and pistol, South African hunting and 500m fly, and we may be getting action match pistol up and going soon.

http://www.prmsc.org.au/

Contact me or post up here if'n you want a look around, I'm sure me or one of the boys can accommidate ya for a few shots.

Many thanks for the kind invitation & link to your club site. I will get in contact with you or the club when I get back to Perth early Jan.

I have in fact looked at the site many times, looks like a great club with a busy calendar!!

Regards,

Mat

Hello all,

Just thought I'd tell you a bit about myself. My names Chris Im 18, and waiting for my permit to acquire to arrive in the mail (its been a looong time) but hopefully ill be picking up my new Tikka T3 Varmint in .308 in the next week or so. :D I plan on hunting many things on a few mates properties, ranging from rabbits (will borrow a .22 for them though) to foxes, pigs and maybe a camel or two when I go riding up north.

Howdy all

Name's Tim ... nickname Moph (said Mofe) ... been shooting for about 18 months now, since I moved to Perth from Adelaide. I have a CZ 452 American in .22LR with an Arctic Fox 3-9x40 scope, floated barrel and modified trigger. Have a couple of LED torches with aspheric lenses mounted that will throw useable light (through the scope) to 100m+ for bunny hunting. The front one is a red LED (225 lumens) and is a simple on/off push button. The one alongside the scope is a 250 lumen LED with pressure switch on the stock. They work an absolute treat! Light up a roo for my bro-in-law's .223 the other night at 120m B)

Hunting, camping and offroading are my main interests, and I typically head out with my wife or best mate (bro-in-law) in my Suzuki. My mate has a matching CZ 452 American in .22LR with custom stock and a Busnell Elite 5-24x50 scope, plus a specced up .223 (can't remember make) with Leopold scope that we share for roos. We only have a single small (40Ha) hunting property at the moment which is good fun for the two of us (both on open license) but getting a little on the small side these days. I plan on buying a cheap and cheerful Wetherby Vanguard .308 or similar for pigs, camels, etc once we gain access to larger properties up north.

Will be joining up with the Peel and S.W. Conservation & Hunting groups in the new year. Hope to see some of the Perth crowd out in the field one day :)

Cheers =)

Moph

RiflewithLEDs1of6.jpg

KarijiniTrip37of42-2560.jpg

Hi,

Josh here, mostly a target shooter but im getting into the hunting thing, enjoy getting out and shooting at the same time :D my favourite stick is my remington 223 custom pistol grip stock, jewel trigger, Madco target barrel, bedded and floated leupold long range 8-25 sittin on top in steel rings :) Hope to see some of you around

Edited by Joshua

Welcome guys, enjoy the madhouse.

You only shoot those roos with tags right? Naughty naughty if not, so say "yes"....

Re the H&C clubs, some changes for the better coming in that direction in the new year, can't say too much, just that I know a bloke who knows a bloke who over heard someone talking to a bloke in the pub ;)