G'day from - WA

Hey,

Originally from Vic but been living in WA for last 4 years, prior to that lived overseas for 8 years for work. While I did a bit of shooting in Vic as a youngster (mostly ducks), I've recently got my rifle license in WA (.243).

I'm living in Mullaloo just north of Perth. If anyone has a bit of land +/- 2-3 hours out of Perth they'd be happy for me to use for purpose of sighting in my rifle and doing a bit of target shooting it would be much appreciated. I'll eventually look to also join a gun club but want to get comfortable with the rifle and properly sighted in before. Ultimately I want to get more into hunting (pigs, fox's and other vermin ect.) but will have to take my time as very short of contact this side of the country.

cheers/Ben

• Like 1

Hi All,

I am Steve and have had my Firearm Licence fro just under a year, finally thought that I should get my own instead of just going out with mates all the time.

I am trying to get good enough to be confident to go out hunting but I have a way to go yet but loving the journey.

4 hours ago, Stuva said:

Hi All,

I am Steve and have had my Firearm Licence fro just under a year, finally thought that I should get my own instead of just going out with mates all the time.

I am trying to get good enough to be confident to go out hunting but I have a way to go yet but loving the journey.

Welcome Steve good to see more people from W.A. on here.You can learn a lot on about hunting and guns.                                                        

Cheers Grumpy

Hi guys, I'm an Aussie, from WA travelling around NZ at the moment. I'm about to get into bow hunting over here when I find the right bow. I have no hunting experience yet but keen to learn. Certainly should have plenty of opportunities over here, especially compared to home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone im from Perth WA,

I have been hunting and shooting for quite a few years now, originally started in skipton victora where my dad is from at the age of 12, now 35 years old still love it every time i get out.

I have a few friends on the north island of New Zealand where i have hunted deer, pigs, goats,hare,rabbits,and possums.

Here in Wa im mainly culling kangaroos, foxs, goats,cats and dogs on farming properties bout 3 hours from perth, 

Im still looking for the elusive wild pigs here in wa.

Hi All

I am considering taking the risk of inviting someone to come hunting with me. It seems like most on here are very mature and respect the farm rules.

If you are interested, please drop me a message. Ideally I'd like someone who is a shift worker (I usually go overnight during the week) and has the decency to split fuel costs. I am more than happy to take my vehicle.

You HAVE to have your own rifles on an open license and have at least a .223 calibre rifle.

Properties are within 3.5hrs of Perth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyNuts said:

Hi All

I am considering taking the risk of inviting someone to come hunting with me. It seems like most on here are very mature and respect the farm rules.

If you are interested, please drop me a message. Ideally I'd like someone who is a shift worker (I usually go overnight during the week) and has the decency to split fuel costs. I am more than happy to take my vehicle.

You HAVE to have your own rifles on an open license and have at least a .223 calibre rifle.

Properties are within 3.5hrs of Perth.

Fantastic Offer,  I cannot speak for Everyone, but this is why we try make the Effort on the AusHunt members gatherings (yes- not many happen outside of deer hunting in Victoria)  but then we have first hand experience with Said member, or are aware of him, if something like this Pops up , it makes it Easier for others to say - Hey, I met XXTimXX at the Varmint shoot/Range day/ Fishing day  that last month,  I will put my hand up for this offer" etc  

Same goes when You offer a opportunity like this,  You are reaching out to Strangers.....   Had you of known 3-4-5- people previously off here, I'm sure they would be the First to get Asked.

Just be Careful, people are quick to stab ya in the back , Very quick to exploit your access through their friends ....  

Most I have met here have been Great, Genuine  and only a Couple havnt.

ps- may get a better audience in a sub forum or general discussion

Good luck, Great offer..

WL

Edited by whelanlad

3 minutes ago, whelanlad said:

Fantastic Offer,  I cannot speak for Everyone, but this is why we try make the Effort on the AusHunt members gatherings (yes- not many happen outside of deer hunting in Victoria)  but then we have first hand experience with Said member, or are aware of him, if something like this Pops up , it makes it Easier for others to say - Hey, I met XXTimXX at the Varmint shoot/Range day/ Fishing day  that last month,  I will put my hand up for this offer" etc  

Same goes when You offer a opportunity like this,  You are reaching out to Strangers.....   Had you of known 3-4-5- people previously off here, I'm sure they would be the First to get Asked.

Just be Careful, people are quick to stab ya in the back , Very quick to exploit your access through their friends ....  

Most I have met here have been Great, Genuine  and only a Couple havnt.

Good luck, Great offer..

WL

I have to say that I got no call when asking around these forums to tag along, so a bit disappointing on that front, but understandable.

Well aware of the back stabbing but hoping this place is full of people who appreciate the opportunity given to them.