G'day from - WA

Moved to Perth from country Victoria, currently residing in the Perth metro area. I consider myself a recreational shooter, with a WIN LA .22MAG as my weapon of choice.

I am eager to help our farmers out by eradicating some more pests, any invite to stalk on any properties would be greatly appreciated. Email me for further shooting references.

g'day ValiantUsher and welcome to the state of milk and honey. :D

good as WA is i still don't like your chances of a property owner contacting you mate - more like vice versa.

calici virus has really trimmed down most of the bunny population around Perth so unlikely to find a property owner desperate enough to approach you.

however it's a big state and 1 properly approached landowner could yield you all the foxes and bunnies you want to turn your .22 mag on.

good luck. ;)

Thanks hawkeye, my email account wasn't flooded with invites, despite my optimistic hopes.

This calls for some diplomacy when approaching the cold-face of the local land-owning community. Armed with cases of CUB's finest, surely they would give me further consideration....

Good luck to me.

G'day,

I'm from the southern suburbs & have been shooting all my life. I went quiet on the shooting front for some years until JWH decided that I didn't need my semi auto 22. So I handed it back & bought another 22, 223,243,30/06, a couple of shotguns & 3 pistols. Now I don't seem to do anything but shoot, I can't get enough of it.

:ph34r: gday segy here otherwise known as tommo ive been hunting for about 5 years mainly pigs up the top end of wa cambellin (fitzroy river) fitzroy crossing and also a bit in the n.t out near litchfeild .but since moved back down er havent been able to find anywere with good numbers of pigs. i am currently lookin for props to hunt foxes . if anyone knows of any farmers with any fox problems it would be greatly appreciated cheers happy hunting guys

hi all, been on here for ages but may as well introduce myself

im a committee member of the Australian pig doggers and hunters association, live around perth and mostly hunt smaller game. Do a bit of rabbit work for local areas, people ring me up and ask me to control them.

have a variety of rifles, but have to admit watching a dog work is what i like best

Heyas,

Shooter from Gingin Western Australia.

been shooting since i was about 8, now 22 and after a few years with little shooting going on i'm starting to get back into it alot more.

probably going to pick up a .17 in the near future to help out taking down the crows and bunnies up on the property.

Cheers

Ragz

hi all, pig hunter from nz

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Been shooting on and off for about 15 years. Live in the great southern part of WA - Woodanilling. Is a small town near Katanning.

We are being currently overrun with foxes to shoot, got two the other night with my Anschutz .22. Otherwise there are a few rabbits, but a few hundred less now that we have found where they live LOL.

I work on a sheep / wheat farm, so works out really well for shooting whenever I want. I don't leave home without my little .22.

Currently have:

Anschutz (1974 build) mod. 1441 .22 5 shot bolt action

Anschutz (1964 build) mod. 1516 .22 WMR being converted to .17 HMR

Paramount / custom target rifle in .308 caliber

Woody_rod

Hi all,

I'm looking for info on hunting pigs. I've done a bit of shooting on properties around the wheatbelt but would like to learn some locations for pig hunting closer to Perth or the southwest.