G'day from - WA

Gday all. Living in Wickham and just getting back into shooting (target at moment but will take some dogs soon). I've inherited a Lithgow (slazenger) .22LR single shot but have no idea how old it is. I know it's been in the famiy for at least 40 years but thats all i can find out. I know it's a model 1b built at Lithgow SAF for Slazenger. I am in the process of giving it a tart up and have noticed that it has the letter Z stamped into the butt? Any info i could gleen from you forumites out there would be appreciated.

Cheers & cold Beers

Pilbara2

Hi All,

Im a keep shooter from Bunbury in the southwest will go hunting for what ever. Joined to hear what other hunters are up to and what they are using. Hear you soon

G'day all,

I have never actually been hunting.

I am really keen to get into it on any level. I'm in Rockingham and am trying to find out as much as I can about the laws rules and regs etc.

If anyone has a property they are happy to let people on or fancy having a bloke to go hunting with. then let me know.

I have a compound bow and havent bought a rifle yet ntil I have been around and seen a few things to make sure I get something practicle.

Hi - I've actually joined this forum for some insight into hunting feral animals in Australia. I'm interested in getting other's opinions and knowledge as to the effectiveness of shooting as a means to control animals such as cats, foxes and pigs longterm as opposed to other management controls like trapping and baiting.

My studies and my work have both lead to me wanting to find out more about this, so I'm hoping to get some good, reliable replies from experienced hunters who have been involved in feral animal control programs.

I'll now try to add my queries to another forum topic that's more relevant, but please reply here if you want to.

By the way - I live in SW WA but work up in the Pilbara.

Cheers,

Marli.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'Day

My name is Brian, took early retirement a couple of years ago and I live in Perth WA. Been here for going on 20 years after migrating from the UK.

I hunted regularly in my youth and have recently taken it up again in my retirement. but mainly target up till now.

Love the great outdoors and hope to get into feral animal control and pigs!

Brian

G'day AusHunt members,

Relatively new to hunting, my Dad use to hunt, and as a kid I tagged along on a few of his trips, we have just started up again and currently going through some license applications, not to much longer until we are hopefully out there.

happy to be a part of this hunting community, and hope to get know you all as the time passes

cheers

hi all my name is Matt im new to perth moved here from townsville just got out of the army been here about 5 months i use to hunt pigs alot before i joined the army im am more keen to get into the fox problem over here than hunt pigs again and from what i have heard there are not to many pigs south perth so if there are plenty of foxes i want to get at them now as i have had very little exp with foxes i want as much info as you all can provide. I have accsess to many large farms and land about 25000 aches as i work for a AG and vet chemical company i know a lot of cockys and i know there are plenty of foxes about but because im new to the fox hunting game i have no idea where to look for them so any info on foxes or if you are keen to come to one of the many farms for a hunt please feel free to email me at qikaudi@hotmail.com

CHEERS MATT

Hi All,

I have been involved in Shooting and Hunting for 20 years now and enjoy it still. Shoot a bit of everything ie: Bench, field and Pistol events. Love getting out to do some hunting when I can, got heaps of gear so if anyone is looking for someone to go hunting or shooting with send me a PM.

My background is 15 years in the Army, fishing, 4x4, camping, probably like most of the people on this forum. Look forward to learning some new stuff and helping out where I can.

Cheers,

Mick

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Try again Darcy from southern vic i used to hunt with my father as a kid and now ive started up again about a year .I hope to learn a bit off you blokes cheers

Hi all,

I have been into shooting for many years and own a few guns. I have also beena member of the SSAA vic for many years. For the past 15 years have been married and have 3 children, as a result of this I have not been able to shoot. My boys are aged 12 and 14 and yesterday I took them to Eagle Park in Little River for the first time. We went with a mate who was sighting in his new purchases.

The kids had a ball and had a go at a few different calibres. Now they have the bug, I have renewed my enjoyment and the wife is really peed off with it all

G'day all,

Live in the Perth Hills, been in WA for 4 years from South Africa. Mainly into foxes but am happy to shoot where I can be usefull. My latest pride and joy is a 17HMR CZ lefty, .243 on the way shortly.

Happy chatting

Greg

G'day everyone,

My name is Troy, I have been hunting for about 8 years. I own a ruger .243 and a savage .22 mag. I have spent most of my time hunting the wheat belt, 22,000 acres, for foxes, bunnies, the odd roo when needed. Prior to that was living in broome. My wife and i just moved to Bunbury and i have wanted to get into pigging. Dont know a lot about pigging or the places to find them, but are keen to learn. Have a Rottie x Kelpie about 2 years old and want to introduce him to hogs also. Look forward to meeting a few new people and chatting on the site.

Regards,

Troy