G'day from - WA

Hi there,

I moved to Perth from South Africa about 14 months ago. I've managed only 1 hunt in Aus - last May in Kalbarri. That has since closed and I think I was one of the last clients. There seems to be a dearth of hunting opportunities in WA. Could anyone please let me know where I can buy a hunt and hire a rifle, preferably not too far from Perth? I'd be interested in goats and pigs.

Edited by Tony Gavshon

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi there

live in the bunbury am a member of the collie rifle club and have been shooting for 10 years .

have done some deer , bird and moose hunting in canada.

Hi All. I'm a QLD import to WA, living in the South West. Only been over here a short time, but looking forward to getting into some hunting! Love chasing pigs and shooting roos, which there were plenty of in West Qld where I've come from.

Have a trusty .22 which was my dad's rifle, so quite old now, but still does the job. Chat to you all soon!

Hi guys im from denmark havnt really been involved with any hunting before but im very keen to learn and im currently studying at an agricultural college and hope to get my fire arms licence soon is it true underages can get it if they are a gun club member?

Hows it going I live in Clarkson and about a month ago aquired my license and so far have only hunted rabbits and foxes but would love to learn about pigs.

HEY GUYS, IM NATHAN FROM PERTH, BEEN HUNTIN BOUT 2 YEARS NOW BUT NO LONGER HAVE MY ORIGINAL PROPERTIES TO SHOOT ON ALL FARMER SOLD THEIR LOTS SO I GOT NOTHING, LOOKING FOR SOME ACREAGE TO SHOOT ON AND TARGET PRACTICE TRYING TO GO PRO ROO SHOOTER BUT NEED BIG PROPERTY, LEARNING PIGGIN NOW JUST TRAINING UP MY PUP AT THE MOMENT AND GOING OUT EVERY WEEK, IF ANYONE WANTS A HUNTING BUDDY REPLY OR EMAIL njbird@hotmail.com ill be keen as mustard

hi me and my 8 year old twins got our first fox last night we are all very excited we are glad we found this site and became members as we got some good tips about the wistle thanks we live at stanthorpe and have lots off rabbits and foxs and there are severn pigs up the back paddock that we havnt hunted yet as we are just learning and they live in some blackberrys and have come at us when we only have a 22 now we have a 243 i think me mite get the balls to go after them any tips thans shanew

Gday im from Bunbury and have been hunting for the best part of 20 years. Looking foward to learning A few things from here.

wont learn much from us we are like you bought a property and have heaps of feral fozs and rabbits and pigs good to see i am not the only newbe here shane

HEY GUYS, IM NATHAN FROM PERTH, BEEN HUNTIN BOUT 2 YEARS NOW BUT NO LONGER HAVE MY ORIGINAL PROPERTIES TO SHOOT ON ALL FARMER SOLD THEIR LOTS SO I GOT NOTHING, LOOKING FOR SOME ACREAGE TO SHOOT ON AND TARGET PRACTICE TRYING TO GO PRO ROO SHOOTER BUT NEED BIG PROPERTY, LEARNING PIGGIN NOW JUST TRAINING UP MY PUP AT THE MOMENT AND GOING OUT EVERY WEEK, IF ANYONE WANTS A HUNTING BUDDY REPLY OR EMAIL njbird@hotmail.com ill be keen as mustard

hey nathan you still looking for a hunting buddy, my name is shaun, located in byford, willing to go anywhere and wouldnt mind meeting a guy with simaliar intrests. you can email me at shaunkimvandongen@bigpond.com

cheers shaun

G'day Fellas,

Im Rodney from perth, interested in firearms and getting into hunting. I'am only 17 at the moment so ive got a bit to wait. I'am here to learn and get some networking under my belt.

Regards

Hi all, been shooting and hunting for a few years now, gave it and my guns away 10 years ago when the kids came a long, have now started up again, have qite a few large properties to shoot on all over the state

G'day Gunsmoke,

How are you, I am in the same boat as you gave up hunting a number of years ago and now my kids are showing an interest in hunting we have joined our local gun club and the kids have done plenty of range shooting now but I would like to get them out to do some hunting and would like to do it properly. I grew up on properties down south but over the years the properties that I used to hunt on have changed owners and I now live in the pilbera, if you know of any properties that we could access for hunting of goats, pigs or any other ferrels it would be great to be able to organise something, we enjoy camping and the outdoors so a camp/hunt trip would be great.

Brad

Gday, i live in perth and own a .22mag, i dont get out hunting too often, but when i do its in the wheatbelt or the mid west, on medium sized properties. Just here to gain knowledge on fox hunting because i have mastered rabbits, seems like a good group of blokes here. Cheers.

Hi all,

I've recently moved from NZ to Perth and I am currently looking for someone to team up and hunt with. I am 25 years old with 15 years hunting experience (red deer, pigs, chamois, tahr, fallow, wapiti, sika, and roe deer). To see some photos of animals that I have taken in New Zealand go to www.mountainman.co.nz. I also write as a regular for the NZ Hunter Magazine, and am a member of the Stoney Creek Test Team.

I am in the final process of getting the WA high-power firearms license (for my 7mm-magnum). I am really keen to meet like-minded hunters who are keen to do some hunting in WA. I have PLENTY of places to hunt in New Zealand, and I would be more than happy to share some of these spots with those interested.

I prefer to shoot for trophies, but when the freezer is empty, nothing beats a young meat animal.

Feel free to drop me an email if you would like to catch up and chat hunting: cj.carle@gmail.com

Cheers

Jamie

heres a handful of photos to whet the appetite

P1000532_resized.jpg

250612pstag_resized.jpg

IMG_3603_resized.jpg

Jamie13p2.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

jamie_12p_stag_May28th.jpg

tn_150-60lbboar.jpg

bestmates.jpg

P9060638_resized.jpg

PA260358_resized.jpg

Edited by mountainman

Hi all

Just moved to Pilbra and am taking up shooting again after a 10 year rest.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.