G'day from - WA

Hi. I have just moved over to Perth from QLD, loving it so far but Im missing my sport, passion - The out doors.

Seeing a QLD shooters licence is not valid in WA. I need to get my WA licence but its not quite as easy over here when I dont know any one.

Back home I was able to join a shooters club which was my reason for owning firearms. Where as over here I need to have permission from a propriety owner and the size of the propriety determines the caliber of the firearm I can own.

Im here to find like minded people who are into the outdoors and hunting, to build friendships and have a good time.

If you have any information to share or just wanna have a talk about hunting drop me a email at mjkeillor@gmail.com

Cheers and I hope to hear from you

Matt

Hey all, Moving to Perth in a month and want to get into hunting

Hi I moved over about 6 months ago, Im in the process of looking for propriety's to hunt on. its not easy. let me know if you wanna share information or just have a chat, drop me a email at mjkeillor@gmail.com

Matt

Hey fellow hunters!

Well actually I haven't even started hunting yet so I'm not quite a fellow hunter. Live in perth and love the outdoors, camping, hiking, fishing, etc.

I want to start hunting feral animals but I have no idea what to look for in a rifle. Also hoping to meet people who would let me hunt on their property (according to police that's what i need) :)

hey any luck? im in the same boat but Ive done alot of hunting back in QLD. looking to make some like minded friends and hunting contacts, drop me a line at mjkeillor@gmail.com

Hows it going guys,

Names Ashley, live in Perth own a .22 magnum ruger and just ordered my 22-250 ruger =] also own a winchester 101 12ga for shooting skeet.

Love hunting, riding bikes and 4WD'ing wouldnt mind meeting some new ppl to shoot with and learn a bit more in the hunting way of things.

cheers.

Its a struggle to find people into this sort of thing, but this seems to be right right place to do so, drop me a email at mjkeillor@gmail.com if u wanna have a chat and share information

g'day all,

Relatively new to shooting. Trying to gather all the info in getting my firearms licence and hunting privelages.

Shot my friends .22 hornet and 22-250 a fair bit when i was a kid but only recently have i wanted to obtain my own :)

G'day Buddy if you know a farmer with around 5000 plus acres of undulating land and he's willing to give you a letter of consent to shoot on it then it's easy to get just about anything you want, if you need any help then there are a few of us WA boys on here with a lot of experience in this as well as clubs etc so let us know if we can help in any way.

CHEERS , Brendan.

I have a few small properties I shoot on as well as being assist secretary and membership officer at a club and even I'm on the look out for some decent sized properties,for a 7/08 and 300WSM .

Much appreciate Brendan.

I took a visit to my local firearms dealer this arvo and he gave me the rundown of pretty much what i need to do... Looks asif my first step is to purchase my rifle then complete the awareness test of which i hope i pass.

He gave me a form to fill out regarding property that i wish to shoot on aswell :)

Probably a widely discussed topic i'm sure and i should probably take this elsewhere but i'm assuming that for my first rifle, i should start off with something small such as a .22 hornet (rabit/foxes)?

Much appreciate Brendan.

I took a visit to my local firearms dealer this arvo and he gave me the rundown of pretty much what i need to do... Looks asif my first step is to purchase my rifle then complete the awareness test of which i hope i pass.

He gave me a form to fill out regarding property that i wish to shoot on aswell :)

Probably a widely discussed topic i'm sure and i should probably take this elsewhere but i'm assuming that for my first rifle, i should start off with something small such as a .22 hornet (rabit/foxes)?

I would say it depends on what you can get on the property, if you can get a .223 then you can reload it to hornet speeds and noise or use full house loads, it all depends on what you can get and whats available to shoot.

if rabbits and foxs then you could put in for a ,22 rimfire for spotlighting at night , a 12 gauge shotgun for walking around whistling up foxs and taking running shots at sprinting rabbits and if it's big enough for a .223 then a .223 for long range shooting on ferals and vermin, if there are bigger animals to be shot and the property lets you then a good 6.5 X 55 , 308, 7/08 , 260 rem 300win mag, 300 wsm, 270 wsm etc etc but don't think because you get a hornet it will be easy to upgrade it later as the cops wil ask why the hornet is no longer required and then the BS starts.

get what you can don't go small unless it's all you can get from the property owner, I have been thru it all for open class rifles / shotguns, club support rifles and club suport .22 rimfire and C/f pistols.

Get onto it buddy , the sooner you get it the sooner you can shoot it, you have an invite to our club whenever you get your lic , we have a .22 rimfire range as well as a 500 m range to really try your skills out,

Cheers , Brendan.

I would say it depends on what you can get on the property, if you can get a .223 then you can reload it to hornet speeds and noise or use full house loads, it all depends on what you can get and whats available to shoot.

if rabbits and foxs then you could put in for a ,22 rimfire for spotlighting at night , a 12 gauge shotgun for walking around whistling up foxs and taking running shots at sprinting rabbits and if it's big enough for a .223 then a .223 for long range shooting on ferals and vermin, if there are bigger animals to be shot and the property lets you then a good 6.5 X 55 , 308, 7/08 , 260 rem 300win mag, 300 wsm, 270 wsm etc etc but don't think because you get a hornet it will be easy to upgrade it later as the cops wil ask why the hornet is no longer required and then the BS starts.

get what you can don't go small unless it's all you can get from the property owner, I have been thru it all for open class rifles / shotguns, club support rifles and club suport .22 rimfire and C/f pistols.

Get onto it buddy , the sooner you get it the sooner you can shoot it, you have an invite to our club whenever you get your lic , we have a .22 rimfire range as well as a 500 m range to really try your skills out,

Cheers , Brendan.

Your input is greatly appreciate mate, thanks.

Excuse my ignorance, but which club is the invite for?

PRMSC

There's a link to a map on the home page.

You Sneaky little bugger .

PS there are about 5 of us on here all from the same club , sometimes we have our own little jokes on here and people think were mad.

PRMSC. if you have it , you can shoot it at our club.

Perth

Rifle

Metalic

Silhouette

Club

I'm just about to go up there to blast some bad guys and hope not to hit any hostages.

Hi,

I have lived in Perth now for 25 years, before that grew up in Carnarvon where I spent most of my weekends camping and hunting wild goats, rabbits, foxes etc. Havent been shooting goats for a number of years so looking for a property to shoot on with my son who has also caught the shooting "bug".

Currently have a Savage 308 and Winchester 243 (& a 22 for the rabbits). Also a member of a local pistol club where we shoot 9mm semi autos.

Just registered to get some more info and hopefully learn a few things.

I live in Perth, I don't own a rifle but I do have a nice bow.

I used to shoot my old ones regularly when I was younger but have only just purchased a new one after a few years break from shooting.

I am interested but my accuracy has gone to hell, so I won't be hunting any time soon.

It will be paper bunnies for me for the next few months :)